Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
07-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #21

Re: My Tango is very sick

Glad to hear it's not all bad news and hopefully Tango will continue to improve

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-11-2006, 02:39 PM   #22

Hope this is just the start of Tango's recovery.

Catsey Junior

21-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #23

Well Tango has been doing great since the last update but then his antibiotics finished on Saturday and by Monday he was being sick again, and generally looking sorry for himself, so we're right back to where we started. So phoned the vet and spoke to him yesterday evening and gave Tango another Clavaseptin pill that was left over from when one of the other cats was ill, got Tango booked in for more tests this morning. The new ultrasound scan showed the liver is now all looking the same (as opposed to last time when it was uneven and had lumps in/on it) but we still don't know whats causing this illness, we could still have the liver biopsy and open him up to have a look and see what the liver looks like but it may not show whats wrong and any operation in an older cat carries risks so we want to avoid it if possible. The vet says its an unusual case, we asked about possible poisoning and have ruled that out because he doesn't show any classic signs, which is good. So now hes back on antibiotics for a month, see how he goes and then back for more tests the week before Christmas, fingers crossed that will be the last visit - I also have to take Bones back around then for his kidney tests, Christmas funds are just about gone already - oh well never mind ! Tango has perked up since yesterday since his antibiotics have kicked in, its a relief! I hate seeing him unhappy!

Catsey Veteran

21-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #24

How disappointing after the previous improvement. Hope it's only a temporary setback and he gets properly better now.

Catsey Junior

21-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #25

I had a feeling it wasn't the end of it, I think all this started will a tummy upset back in July, which 3 of my cats came down with, it was actually when I first signed up to catsey, Tango got it worst of all so it may have been down to that. When hes on the antibiotics he is 100% happy and appears very healthy, he just goes downhill so fast when they stop.

Catsey Veteran

21-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #26

You, Fran and Alex could almost start a whole new section on cats with poorly tummies.
Hope they all get better soon

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #27

I hope this new course of AB's will do the trick and Tango will be well again.....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
21-11-2006, 05:12 PM   #28

I do hope they can figure out what is wrong with him, I know there are some things that an extra long course of antibiotics sort out though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
21-11-2006, 06:26 PM   #29

Keeping my fingers crossed for Tango Sam. (((hugs))) to you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #30

Poor Tango, fingers crossed for her and hoping the antibiotics will sort her out soon. xxx