Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
03-11-2006, 08:35 AM   #11

Re: My Tango is very sick

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-11-2006, 09:39 AM   #12

Big hugs to both you and Tango xxx I sincerely hope its not a serious problem and something that can be resolved.
Good on you for not falling apart at the vets, I know that feeling so well. I used to get very upset talking with the vet about my old boy but found that by remaining strong and not falling apart had a more positive effect for the old boy and for gaining the vets support in what needed to be done.
Its not easy but try to remain strong and possitive, my thoughts are with you both xxx.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
04-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #13

Hope tango get better soon and everything is OK. Hugs

Sally

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
04-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #14

Tango came home last night, hes feeling a little better and from what the vet said he wasn't happy there at all.

The ultrasound showed he has abnormalities with his liver, could be a bad infection or tumors. Hes had yet another blood test and the results won't be back until Monday/ Tuesday, hopefully that will tell us more.

Then depending on the results and how Tangos feeling he might have to have an operation to get a biopsy and have a look at the liver.
So for now its back to the bland diet and a 3 different medications to take everyday.

He seems happy to be home, rubbing on everything, purring and we were even playing with some string last night and he was purring SO loudly, its good to see even through he is still obviously sick.
So really were still not sure what exactly it is but were narrowing it down fairly quickly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #15

I'm happy to hear Tango's back home. Some cats really don't take to the vets do they? My normally docile cat turned into a devil-cat when overnighted at the vets. Let's hope the results come back showing nothing more serious than an infection that can be treated with antibiotics.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #16

Pleased to hear Tango is back home with you again and I hope there will be nothing too serious showing up in his test results......

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
04-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #17

I am glad he is home, and fingers crossed the tests show something positive.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #18

Keeping everything crossed for you Sam. Nice to hear Tangos back home though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #19

So glad Tango is home with you! Fingers crossed for his results x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
07-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #20

Got the latest test results back, the test was to see how well the liver actually works, and it showed that there is a problem but its not too bad.
The vet asked how he is and how well hes eating and was happy to hear that over the last 2 days hes been very happy, purring, playing and getting back to usual, also hes been very hungry, even shoving the other cats out of the way to eat their food (something he never usually does).
So hes going to stay on the medication until Monday then go back for a check up, then we can deciede what to do next, thankfully the vet thinks opening him up and getting a biopsy won't be needed, at most he will have a biopsy taken with a long thin needle which won't be nice for Tango but better than a full on operation, especially as hes a bit old, not up to full heath and has a heart murmor.
But hes reacting to the mediactions well (I think they are all some kind of antibiotics) and that seems to suggest infection rather than cancerous tumors, fingers crossed!
Also my mum and granmar have offered to help with the vet bills so that takes some of my stress down too
Next stressful thing to go, central heating being fitted as of tommorow and that means plumbers/ builder types in the house for a week, banging and making a mess and I have to try and keep Tango and stress free as possible, the house is already in chaos but it will be worth it to be warm this year and better for the cats too im sure.