Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #1

Sunny Monday..............

Morning all...Up early this morning to do the Airport run, only to find the flight has been cancelled due to the ash cloud
Beautiful here this morning, bit windy...The cats are all out for their morning stroll....
Have a good day everyone.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #2

Re: Sunny Monday..............

Hello everyone, nice and sunny here too Moli.
Had a great weekend away in Scotland, we took Malaika to meet with some Basenji friends. In all there were 6 Basenjis, 1 Basenji cross and a Westie and of course their people whom we met on the Basenji forum.
We all had a lovely walk together in Plean park, then a pub lunch.It was magical to see all the Dogs together.
Howard, myself and Malaika stayed the night in a lovely B+B.
We had a walk around Loch Lomond Sat evening and did Stirling on Sunday.
Will post some pics in the next few days and catch up with whats been happening on Catsey.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #3

Hi Moli, Shelley. Sorry about the ash cloud - has the airport reopened now? Glad you had a good w/end Shelley. I look forward to photos.

Funny morning here weather-wise, when the sun is out it's very warm and pleasant, but the clouds keep rolling in, some of them very black and looking full of rain, but no rain falling. Shame, could do with it. Runner beans are in and wanting some rain and I planted sweet peas this morning.

Need to go and get some more compost - thinking of planting out my greenhouse tomatoes. I use Gro-bags with ring culture and need to get pots ready for summer bedding. Isn't that a lovely sounding phrase?

Still got trouble with Bband speed, so my Wizard is coming over later this afternoon with a new router. Fingers crossed!

Enjoy your day peeps.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
17-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #4

hey guys... three days in a row with computer time so im a happy camper!!

bad luck about the ash cloud... i think its going to cause a lot of problems for some time to come...

lucky you Shelly... We LOVED Loch Lomond..... its so still my pics from there turned out great.... it is a STUNNING part of the country...

Angie...hope your wizard is able to fix your BB for you...funny... you dealing with compost of the real kind there... and im dealing with compost of the family kind here... did i say that?????

time to go and hit the hay...my little ginger bedwarmer beckons!!
have a good one...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #5

Good afternoon all. But seems everyone has been very busy this morning, I am just resting.

Heard about the ash cloud on the news Moli seems its back with a vengance.
Shelley glad you enjoyed the weekend seems a lovely idea. Look forward to the pictures.

Angie hope you are up and running speed wise soon.

PJ enjoy your siesta.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #6

I don't think it's Jo's siesta Karen . . . I'd nighty-nites time in Oz!!

it's warm here and I've been fretting about my allotment as it was raining so hard last night I didn't get down there to close the greenhouse and put fleeces over. Will need to do that tonight though as its going to be chillier. Will also plant replacement runner beans as mine perished in the frost the other night.

Not much to report here, I have a headache (again) and am tired (again). Been to the dentist and have a couple of patches of decay that need to be dealt with. And that's about all that's going on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #7

Hi, all; nothing going on here but dismal weather: chilly and dank. Presently only 15 C (58 F), well below normal, drizzle and rain will be around till late Tuesday. Good day for a lie in and pottering, which is what I've been doing.I repotted two of the orange geraniums I'd started from seed last year, they've outgrown their pots, and put the orchid outside. The first flower on one of my tomatoes fell off, apparently wasn't pollenated, so I am behind on the race for the first tomato . That's all the exciting news I have...

Stay warm and dry, people!

Catsey Veteran

17-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #8

I am back - unfortunately with no great increase in BBand speed. My Wizard will be contacting the ISP tomorrow (all our little business group has the same ISP) and he expects there will have to be an Open Reach call out. But at least I am still connected.

Went to the nursery so have compost for tomorrow and got Gro-Bags too - sorry to hear about your tomato flower aborting Eileen. My FIL used to use a paintbrush and years ago in the tomato houses we used a vibrator (now hush, not THAT sort) to ensure pollination.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #9

LOL @ the vibrator, Angie! It was lack of bees because it was raining, I suspect. Number 2 plant has a flower now but it's raining today too. ... sigh! I do enjoy having the first tomato to brag about. life's silly little pleasures.

Must look for a tiny paintbrush

Glad you're back on; people do seem to have BB problems, guess my dial-up isn't that bad.

Catsey Veteran

17-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #10

No dial-up isn't that bad - our BB speed is LOWER than dial-up atm!