Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #1

Hello all

Hello all

Just having a potter around, hope you're all well. Just have a feeling like I don't quite belong now - not meaning that to sound quite as "sad and forlone" as it does,

I must say though I have gotten used to not having Cleo around faster than I thought I would - maybe because I had in fact prepared myself for the day for so long. I knew she would not be with me forever however as the years have passed I also did not want her to suffer at all and that I managed to achieve. Had a lovely lovely card from the vets.

But even now after such a short time I find I think of her with a smile on my face and no tears, or choked feeling.

I would not say never but can't see myself having another cat - I know there are worthy cases out there and many cats needing homes but no no more cats for me in the forseeable future.

I may "float" around but no stories or snipets to impart therefore I am almost "redundant" on a cat board, so this is not goodbye but a message of Thanks to you all for your support this week.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #2

Re: Hello all

lovely to see you here Karen. Please don't feel you are redundant on here, remember Jac didn't have a cat for a long time!! It's so lovely to hear that you can smile when thinking of Cleo, and not feel too saddened by her passing. I hope you continue to converse with us regularly, and share ownership of our cats xx((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #3

Can I just say, the board has actually had a gaping hole this last week Karen. A bit like an arm chair that has been left vacant bacause the familiar person that sat there has got up and left the room.
I personally dont think you are redundant and have many years worth of experiences, memories and advice that would benefit us all, not to forget about your eloquent way of putting your point across and your comon sense.
You would be VERY sadly missed Kazz and catsey just wouldnt be the same with out you so please stick around. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #4

Alex has summed it up beautifully, Karen, I can add nothing....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Can I just say, the board has actually had a gaping hole this last week Karen. A bit like an arm chair that has been left vacant bacause the familiar person that sat there has got up and left the room.
I personally dont think you are redundant and have many years worth of experiences, memories and advice that would benefit us all, not to forget about your eloquent way of putting your point across and your comon sense.
You would be VERY sadly missed Kazz and catsey just wouldnt be the same with out you so please stick around. xxx

Thank you very much. I mean that.

But can I also add on a lighter note - when I left the room I bet I took the remote control

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Thank you very much. I mean that.

But can I also add on a lighter note - when I left the room I bet I took the remote control

You see I'd miss all that.
Do stay with us chum xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #7

Please ?????????????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
29-07-2007, 08:36 AM   #8

Catsey is for cat lovers - not necessarily owners - so you must stay Kazz.

We would all miss you!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #9

Catsey would not be Catsey without the 'Kazz like threads' Come on Kazz, you don't need to have a cat to hang around here, as well you know and if you are honest, you do still have Cleo and Oscar, they will be forever in your heart, you are not Catless at all
Stick around chum, we've missed you these last few days x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-07-2007, 09:41 AM   #10

Hey!
I thought/hoped it mightn't be too long before we saw you again, and for the same reason you put forward - Cleo was a wonderful old lady but you knew you couldn't have another 10 years with her, so mentally you were making preparation. It's lovely to hear that your tears are being replaced by smiles already. Same as I felt when I lost my old birds recently ..... sadness but a guilty relief that the moment had passed and there was no more worry.

As the others have said - current cat ownership is not required to be a valued Catsey member. And where would be without Kazz questions?

(and if I were you I'd keep a pouch or two of kitten food, a pouch or two of adult cat food and a soft blankie stashed away somewhere ............ he/she/they will find you, sooner or later)

take care x