Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #1

Just a Tuesday Thread

Hello all! That's it - it's "just" a Tuesday which for me means being a bit jittery listening out for MIL as OH has gone off to play golf.

I have washing out on the line and am keeping a weather-eye on the weather too! Therefore can't really settle to anything that needs too much concentration. May try a bit of darning later - repairing a sweater that got "Pipped" last year when he was a kitten - just noticed a few holes, don't think it's moth!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
02-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #2

Re: Just a Tuesday Thread

Still no joy from BT for the photographer of our son's wedding, it's so very frustrating especially as BT was responsible for severing the connection in the first place and the photos (all 300+ ) of them are ready to upload as soon as they're reconnected. Other than the frustration of that, it's an ordinary Tuesday here, OH is setting off for his art group and I'll be doing some ironing.

I know you share my impatience at seeing the wedding photos so I thought I'd wet your appetites again with one of OH's best shots, this time it's the cutting of the cake

I promise you it's worth it.......

I don't know how he does it...........

such technical expertise.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #3

seems your OH takes photos like my dad MrsH, He's always cutting people's heads off or totally missing the focus of the shot and getting some abstract picture that is blurred. We call him the Jackson Pollack of family pictures. You're in there somewhere you just have to interpretate it first

My Tuesday has been a working one so far, awaiting Tom the carer to come and take over Ceri so I can go to Curves and then collect young Tom from School.

It's going to rain later and its very windy at the mo. so I'm trying to get things sorted before I'm stuck in again.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
02-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #4

Some sod set off the burglar alarm which is supposedly according to the alarm man switched off - 50 fleeing cats, 3 demented kittens, Physco Skye from Sunny Harbour and 2 barking dogs does not do my back any good and finding alarm code took 15 mins as we have never set it in 4 years due to the cats and I have my guard doggies - I do miss Robin at times like this!!!!!!!

Thats how my morning started now having Echo and Pagan cuddles and then Latte and toast

Now have to find out which socket the darlings have pointed at = they are a tad freaky at the moment as we have a new rather Large unneutered boy who has been spraying back door - got that to get rid of to and boy is it whiffy so traps getting lugged out and set!

Nice sunny morning here so am off to hobble with the dogs and a football on the track so they can then get some sleep as they are currently in the lets play Mummy mode

Just so folks know Pagan is a peach and grey longhaired tortie feral kitten aged around 11 weeks a little hissy missy currently marauding around the downstaitrs study with Charlie and Echo her brother kittens - Charlie has dodgy legs due to someone swinging him by his back legs and Echo has a heart condition, seeing these 3 waifs playing is a joy hoping they will be tired then Pagan can come for more cuddles

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #5

Liz - when your back is better, could you start writing a book please? Preferably illustrated. I can almost see the pandemonium with the alarm going off, but not completely!

Do hope you get some peace very soon. I suppose photos are really out of the question, it's just that I like the sound of Pagan so much .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #6

Brrr! Chilliest day of the season, only 5 C (41 F) now, was even colder on the way to the polls this morning, Lucked out, no long line so was in and out in about 10 minutes; mid-term elections are usually lower turnout. Then to the market and home to relax. We didn't make freezing last night, only 1 C, but still glad all the plants are finally in.

Oh Liz, I second that about a book if you could ever find the time; what a good description of the pandemonium! MrsH, erm, OH does leave a bit to be desired as a photographer.... Angie, how did the herbal tisane work, sleep any better last night?

Stay warm and dry if you can!

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #7

Hi Eileen - thanks for asking! I think it worked quite well. I only awoke once, before 3 am to go to the loo and then went back to sleep quickly. I liked the taste too, so will keep drinking it.

MrsH - please tell MrH that I did like the candlelight effect!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh

MrsH - please tell MrH that I did like the candlelight effect!

He claimed it was because the flash failed to go off but I feel I need to rescue his reputation a bit so here's one just to show he's not totally incompetent, actually to be honest it wasn't his best camera just a little thing that would fit into his pocket so I suppose he had an excuse

David and Sarah (the new MrsH)

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #9

That's a lovely candid shot MrsH - look how happy those two are!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #10

What a super picture! Welcome to MrsH the IInd

Liz, with a cat called Pagan you MUST complete the set with a 'Morse' and an 'Endeavour'

Me? Well I'm feeling quite unwell today, sore eyes, nausea, tummy upset; but have had to sit here and work on the PC. Boys have been largely amusing themselves making camps up in their rooms and pretending that under the bed is a space ship And that's about it really! Balie pooed in his bed overnight and there is a towel out on the bench in the garden awaiting scraping but I'll be darned if it's me that is going to do it!