Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-05-2007, 10:10 PM   #21

Re: Porsha

Oh I sincerely hope it doesn't come down to her being PTS, as I know how much that will upset you Fran. Keeping my fingers crossed that the vets can help.

But whatever happens I know (as we all do) that you will put her first and do what is right for her.

(((massive hugs))) to you Fran

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-05-2007, 10:12 PM   #22

Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes. I saw the vet earlier but it was decided that we would leave Porsha at home due to the stress of travelling and the awful mess she would be in when she got there. We had a long chat and she has commended me for how well I have 'coped' with Porsha's problems so far. She also said that if Porsha was hers she would pts but since she isn't and as both her and I feel the need to explore every avenue possible in the hope that she can be cured she is willing to do a few more tests including the biopsy sometime next week. One thing the vet said to me cut a chord, she said you really wish you had never got her don't you? and I can honestly say that whilst I regret being 'taken in' by her breeder, I don't regret bringing her home as she has brought me so much love and fun in between her down episodes. Fingers crossed that the biopsy will provide answers and hopefully a subsequent treatment. The biopsy op is not without risk and she will have to stay at the vets at least 24 hours after the op as the risk of peritonitis is quite high apparantly. Please keep the good wishes and healing vibes coming for her, she's going to need them me thinks x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #23

Sending healing vibes by the bucket load, and love to you and your Family.....Hugs to all of you..... xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #24

We are all with you Fran and sending every healing vibe possible... ((((hugs)))) xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #25

Good wishes and healing vibes coming, Fran! And hugs for you.....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
03-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #26

Healing vibes and a hug is on it way

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
03-05-2007, 10:50 PM   #27

Fingers and paws crossed here.....and loads and loads of healing vibes heading your way as we write x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #28

I hope it was a good night at your house Fran, and that you all feel a little less raw after a sleep.
The only crumb of comfort I can offer is that it seems this situation is drawing to a resolution, one way or the other. Everyone hopes this treatment/investigation will give a positive answer and the way forward to a healthy future, but if, sadly, it doesn't , you will know absolutely 100% that you have done eveything possible. No-one could have done more.
More ((hugs)) - you must be squashed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #29

Well, a little improvement this morning. She still has a faecal incontinence but there is some consistency to it now where as yesterday it was just like water. I guess the cocktail of drugs she is having must be helping. I starved her over night and she has just had a small amount of her regular food. Fingers crossed that she will continue to improve. The vet would be happier doing the biopsy when she is a little firmer rather than so squitty so hopefully this will be the case..Thank you once again for all your good vibes, messages and wishes x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-05-2007, 08:28 AM   #30

Every positive vibe that I can possibly send is heading in your direction Fran! oh, and more ((hugs)) from me too!