Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #11

Re: iPhone

I have a blackberry curve too. I love the fact it has a proper keyboard and not a phone keypad as I'm a rubbish texter!

I really wanted an iPhone as I love it's user interface and just the whole look of it. But at the time you couldn't get it to synchronise with a microsoft exchange server (to pick up my work emails and to send using my work email addresses).

Of course now, the new phone will do that!! But I'm on a 2 year contract

Enjoy your phone meep . . . . DM, I know what you mean. Sometimes I wish I was not always available but unfortunately I have to be. However I don't always choose to answer the phone/text/email

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #12

I'm with DM on this! I have a mobile pay as you go - mainly for emergencies - esp when I'm out in the car on my own (and I have to say that I totally approve of this sort of practical help). I had a little step back in time yesterday when I realised that I was out without my mobile (OH borrowed it and hasn't given it back yet!) and I thought what do I do if I break down? Of course phone boxes are almost non existent now. So how do you get help?

I remember when my parents first went on the phone (party line) after my dad had his first heart attack. Seems like the dark ages now.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #13

I also realised that I can access Catsey on the iPhone And the connection speed seems to be faster than the mobile broadband I have in the flat.

It is just so beautiful. I'm not really a 'techy' person but it has so many wonderful features, like being able to zoom in and out with touch, copy and paste text, and whilst I was typing and made a few mistakes it always corrected it to the right word with a better feature than most mobile's predictive text.

It also has GPS and maps, so you can go straight to maps and much like a Tom Tom it'll pick up where you are and if you type in 'dry cleaners' say, it will show you where the nearest dry cleaners are in relation to where you. Genius.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
23-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I have a blackberry curve too. I love the fact it has a proper keyboard and not a phone keypad as I'm a rubbish texter!

I really wanted an iPhone as I love it's user interface and just the whole look of it. But at the time you couldn't get it to synchronise with a microsoft exchange server (to pick up my work emails and to send using my work email addresses).

Of course now, the new phone will do that!! But I'm on a 2 year contract

Enjoy your phone meep . . . . DM, I know what you mean. Sometimes I wish I was not always available but unfortunately I have to be. However I don't always choose to answer the phone/text/email

NOW THE IMPORTANT QUESTION YOLA IS.....

are you addicted to brickbreaker

Catsey Veteran

23-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #15

..... and what the heck is a beebo?

Almost a Veteran Member

23-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #16

A beebo? Do you mean the website Bebo? Social networking site. You have your own profile, can make friends with others, upload photos, leave comments etc. If that's what you mean. Otherwise, I don't know what a 'beebo' is

Catsey Veteran

23-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #17

I have no idea! Something on Jeremy Kyle this morning! (My OH surprisingly seems addicted to watching that upsetting show.)

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
23-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #18

you dont mean cbeebies??? lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #19

My Hubby has the latest one, and he loves it, bit too complcated for me though!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

23-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #20

Angie - they must mean 'bebo.com'. A social networking site, similar to [Sys edit: Contains pet forums] in useability, but more for pre - midteens. I have a page on it but rarely use it, [Sys edit: Contains pet forums] is my local online haunt

Moli - great to know there's another satisfied customer It'll take me aw hile to get used to it I can tell, it does have so much in it!