Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
29-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #1

Simon has beign to vets again

Hi all. I had to take Simon to the vets again this morning. When SImon goes to number 2's there is blood on the last bit of it. He's back in 10 days and has been given some Metronidazole tablets. The vet doesn't think its his bladder that's empty, just given them as a precaution. He's all right in himself jumping on top of doors, fighting kado and guinness as well. Has anybody else had the same problem with number 2's.

jane (Kado Guinness Kay and Simon all alseep on bed)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #2

Re: Simon has beign to vets again

Hope Simon picks up soon Jane x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-01-2007, 08:53 PM   #3

Sorry, Jane, I've been lucky enough not to have had this problem, so no advice. Hope Simon will be OK!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #4

I hope Simon will be alright Jane ............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #5

Has he been constipated of late Jane? Sometimes if they have to strain too much there can be some blood in the stool. Hope he'll be ok!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-01-2007, 10:16 PM   #6

Is the blood dark red or bright red? Could he be a little constipated maybe? As that would cause him to strain and possibly cause a little bleeding.
My old fellow Winston on occasion would suffer from constipation and sometimes there would be a little blood, mainly due to his old age and CRF, but it is possible for younger cats to get constipated too. When Winston was constipated I used to try to increase fluid intake and give a little laxative such as Katalax or Lactulose to loosen him up a little.
Hope its nothing too serious though and that you get it sorted out soon.

Catsey Veteran

30-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #7

I dont think he is. His number 2's have always been the same. When he started having trouble with his bladder and was on antibiotic it stopped but since he finished them last it seemed to have come back. The vet said that he was stressed out and he is still a bit bald around his belly(where he was shaved for his catheter). There is no way that he can be he plays all night, eats , sleeps, eats some more the goes back to sleep and play fights in between. He doesnt go out so he cant have eaten anything. I want to worm him and the others to see if that helps but because of his bladder i dont know what to use. Can anybody recommend one for simon and his gang, I think the last one we used for guinness and Kado was called profender. Sorry if this is a bit all over the place but i want the best for by babies and i value all your advice

Catsey Veteran

30-01-2007, 01:14 PM   #8

The blood is bright red blood only when he has done number 2's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #9

My Balie occasionally has blood on his stool. As it's only intermittent and the blood is bright red I've not done anything about it as he seems completely himself in every other respect. He is the one that suffers with cystitis from time to time so I wonder if the two may be linked??

As for wormers that are Ok to use with potential bladder issues, I'm afraid I don't know. Best ask the vet that one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
30-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #10

((((((hugs)))))) x