Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
09-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #1

Fluffy needs and op.

Fluffy was back in to get her thyroid levels checked as she had her meds changed because she hasn't responded to vidalta. She hasn't responded to felimazole either- she is sick a lot, this can be a symptom of hyperthyroidism and therefore means she can't absorb the tablets.
The vets have now decided we should go for the op, apart from the fact I don't know how much this will cost ( we will still go for it) it is quite a risky op, not only for complications of damage to the parathyroid, but also because physically she is not in good condition and her heart is under a lot of stress. My vets don't do this op routinely, but I have complete faith in them, but still very worried about it, they are off to decide on the best time to do it- the sooner the better in my case, to be honest I will be relieved at the same time, I hate seeing her like this.

Will keep you updated with any news.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #2

Re: Fluffy needs and op.

Poor little Fluffy. Fingers crossed all goes well with the op farthing. It's grand that you have such confidence in your vets. Please let us know when the op will be and we'll get those get well vibes a-winging yours and Fluffy's way.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #3

I hope all goes well with Fluffy's op, Farthing......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #4

So many problems lately for you.... Fingers crossed it will go well, do let us know when so as Angie said, we can send vibes.

Cats owned: Bengals
09-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #5

Sorry to hear this.. good luck Fluffy x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #6

Hope everything goes well for Fluffy.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 DSH,1 DLH & 1 Ragdoll
10-07-2010, 02:07 AM   #7

I hope the surgery goes well. Our Bogey is hyperthyroid as well and we recently had to increase his meds.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: cross breed
10-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #8

My thyroid cat is doing really well on Vidalta she had to have her dosage upped from 10 to 15 mgs.which has done the trick her levels are now normal My friend,s cat has had the op and has done well since he is an older boy too hope your pussy recovers from his ordeal

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
10-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #9

We've tried Fluffy on vidalta, she was on 30mg a day and she still sitting at 200 when the normal range is 15-60(I think), we then moved her onto felimazole and she has not responded to it either. She was sitting at 70 the test before last but because she is regularly sick the tablets aren't getting a chance to work.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: tabby cat
12-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #10

Minnie was found to be hyperthyroid last December.We tried her on the tablets but they made her very sick.She started projectile vomiting water and itching really bad,so the vet said we had no choice but to have the op.She had the op and it was very sucessful.She takes Fortekor once a day and ive noticed she dosent drink so much or wee so much now.The vets are very pleased with her.I understand you being nervous the vet who was meant to do minnies op couldnt get in because of snow so they said i could have the other vet who had only done the op once before.I put my trust in them.Minnies 13 years old.Im sure everything will be fine.Thinking of you both .