Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
02-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #1

Jason's check up!

Well I took my old boy this morning and the vet was amazed at his lovely condition too. She reckoned I must have magic water at my house He has a little muscle wastage and arthritis around his back legs but nothing too bad yet. Heart, lungs, kidneys all fine. Ears need a bit of a clean and his slight scabbing from the sun doesn't look at all cancerous. I explained to the vet that he has always worn sunblock and usually a nice yellow one so I know when he has washed it off His teeth were also good with only a slight patch of gingivitus. Only sad note is that he is almost completely blind, not cataracts so nothing to be done. Once again I am coming away feeling very relieved.

So I now have 2 of the 3 wise cats hear no evil and see no evil

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #2

Re: Jason's check up!

Glad to hear Jason has come away with a clean bill of health apart from his deteriorating eyesight.

You must be very relieved that you have two cats who passed their MOT's this week!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #3

Great news aliwin. Good for Jason.

By the way, what sun block do you use for Jason? I am wondering whether it would be a good idea to put some on Pip's ears as he has white tips, especially on one ear.

Catsey Junior

02-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #4

I use the baby sunblock, hypoallergenic ones. There is a range of mr men ones that are in different colours so I know when he has washed it off. Well worth it as he hasn't much fur on his ears and they are very white. I think without it they would have been cancerous years ago. The vet said it was a good job I had as she has had to amputate loads of ear tips!! I would recomend that you do

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #5

Thanks aliwin - it's Pip's first Summer, so I'd like to keep him safe!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #6

Super news about Jason! You must be so relieved.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #7

Good news about Jason but sorry to hear he's almost blind. I assume he has adapted well to it.

Catsey Junior

03-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Good news about Jason but sorry to hear he's almost blind. I assume he has adapted well to it.
Yes he's doing very well thanks. The only issue we have is him trampling on my head at night when I'm in bed I have to keep very still when he is standing on my cheek otherwise he digs his claws in

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
04-06-2010, 05:08 AM   #9

So glad to hear his check up went well! Its always such a relief isn't it! I think we need new pictures to celebrate!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-06-2010, 06:06 AM   #10

how old is Jason? amazing how cats cope with failing health, they are very resiliant creatures; like old soldiers, they never give in! yep, pictures would be nice