Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #1

Friday daily

Do you know I think the seasons have forgotten this is supposed to be Summer.....and gone straight through to late Autumn.......itas pouring down here the wind is whistling and we have had rumblings of thunder.....

No gardening for me today in fact I am following the weather and having chicken casserole tonight.....winter/autumn food. RIP Salad

Have a good day all hope the weather where you are is better. Have to go out shortly, but the rain is coming down again so reconsidering I do not NEED to go out, so staying in today I think.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #2

Re: Friday daily

I agree with you Kazz - Summer has been forgotten here too. It's not raining atm, but is so gloomy we have the lights on indoors. Not exactly cold, but I do have a fleece on.

I have urgent typing again today - and so far have not started it! Just having a nice seedy roll with grainy mustard, slivers of cheese and beetroot and an apple and then I must get going on it. Have been out to the chemist and the farm shop this morning but don't have to go out again today.

Not sure that Harley is 100%. He slept on our bed all night, got up but did not eat his breakfast, went out, came back had a few biscuits and went back to bed. He's just gone out again. The scratch on his nose looks clean enough - not infected that I can see, but I'll be keeping as close an eye on him as he will allow. He reminds me of that song "Wild Rover" - he may just have a bit of a hangover!

Have a good Friday peeps and keep dry if you can. I hear they've lifted the hosepipe ban in the north-west!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
20-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #3

It is awful here, absolutely pouring down at the moment and we are off on holiday to Wales tomorrow - weather forecast wet and gloomy to say the least Ah well, dogs will still enjoy it and there is a jacuzzi and pool there and no housework or much cooking for a week, so not all bad!!

We are staying here - in Wyns cottage.
http://www.littledumpledale.co.uk/ac...n/wyns_cottage

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #4

Have a good time Kim - hope you get some dry days!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #5

A perfect Summer morning here: cloudless skies, 28 C (82 F). nice breeze. Wish I could send it to those having all that dismal rain. Will make mid 30s by afternoon. To Whole Foods for goodies, found my misplaced pruning shears so will do some whacking in the overgrown garden this afternoon. Have not seen the mouse .... but have not seen a little corpse either...

Kim, hope you have a good holiday and that the weather clears up. That's worrying about Harley, hope it;'s just an off day.... Kazz, stay inside and dry!

Enjoy the day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
20-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #6

Lovely day here - sorry for all you rained on peeps.

No idea what to eat tonight - will need to go examine the fridge, freezer and cupboards.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
20-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #7

Morning, all.
The weather cannot make it's mind up here. Yesterday it was overcast until about 5pm when the sun peeked out. Stayed around mid 60s which is where I think it is about now, though the sun is already peeking through so maybe it will be nicer than yesterday.
K's mother to visit today. Got a lot of tidying and organizing done yesterday and some laundry, even got some pictures hung and knick-knacks displayed. Just think I'll do a quick wipe down of the kitchen and clean the bathroom before she arrives at about 3pm. She's had a bout of shingles that she thought was going away but progressed to her eye and now she has trouble with her vision so K's stepfather has been driving her to her acupuncture appointments, which happen to be the next town over from us so she'll be in the neighborhood anyway. They need to borrow our power washer in the shop.
Solomon sure does have that pathetic meow down pat. It's high pitched and sounds just like a creaky door He also does the "silent miaow" when he really wants something (like begging for my food! ). Hestia's eyes look better today so I think it just might have been some dust when they were watering. Kuan Yin and Solomon are such a pair, hardly see those two apart. Hestia doesn't mind as she's more of a people person and has never really concerned herself much with other animals. I think she rather likes it actually because Kuan Yin no longer pesters her to play and she can nap in peace
Have a good day all
Edited to Add: My car is still not working. Turns out it's a bigger problem than I thought and was something that probably would have gone unnoticed but still caused a problem in the future anyway so K is taking it apart and putting it all back and such. At least he can sit while he does that and it's no heavy lifting so I think we'll be okay with him working on it as he's very knowledgable in mechanics. He'll just have to chauffer me around till he fixes it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #8

Eww - it's humid here. We're all pretty well packed and ready to go; setting off tomorrow morning for the long drive to Rome airport. We've been talking about driving over in our own car next year and (work permitting) taking 3 weeks holiday. We're also seriously considering maybe getting a tiny place here (prices for a teeny house start at about E20K).

Anyways, using up what's left in the cupboards and feasting on the lovely cake our hosts cooked for Dominik's birthday - my little man is SEVEN today!

Sorry to hear the weather is rubbish in the UK, hopefully we'll bring some sun back with us when we come back tomorrow night.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #9

Happy Birthday to Dominik !
Hope you have a safe journey back Yola and yes please do bring some sunshine with you. If you could send some to the west coast of scotland that would be brilliant.
Tomorrow we are off to Tralee Beach for a week, packed wellies, macs and sun cream.
Kim your cottage looks nice , hope you have a great time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
20-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #10

Hey Shelley - we'll wave to you on Monday. Planning to go here for the day!

http://www.kintaline.co.uk/