Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #41

Re: Poorly Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Can you break the tablet up Erin if so crush it by banging it in clean cloth and a rolling pin.... then mix it with something highly liked such as squirty cream...or tuna/salmon
I crush them by putting them in between two spoons and squish them together, works a treat but mine won't take them in their food at all, noway.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
24-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
All the meds are in capsule form, they can be sprinkled on food but putting too much in food will be noticed, leaving food untouched.
I never mix meds with food, you never really know that they are getting the full dose, even if just a small amount of food is left...
I am a brute and always pill. Some cats are clever and can always suss/smell/taste meds in food.
I learned that keeping tablets in fridge is supposed to make them less bitter and take the taste away.
But it never worked with my lot....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
I never mix meds with food, you never really know that they are getting the full dose, even if just a small amount of food is left...
I am a brute and always pill. Some cats are clever and can always suss/smell/taste meds in food.
I learned that keeping tablets in fridge is supposed to make them less bitter and take the taste away.
But it never worked with my lot
I'll keep that in mind the next time (God forbid! ) that Leia needs pilling, but suspect it won't work here also .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #44

Quote:
But it never worked with my lot....
I can understand that, it is a worry but the Zylkene is a food supplement rather than a med. I have to give Jerry his pill at night but Erin cannt pill him, to be honest he is a bit of a ****** to pill. I pill Eva easier I even tried sitting on Jerry . Got there in the end.

Banned

24-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I can understand that, it is a worry but the Zylkene is a food supplement rather than a med. I have to give Jerry his pill at night but Erin cannt pill him, to be honest he is a bit of a ****** to pill. I pill Eva easier I even tried sitting on Jerry . Got there in the end.
Do you have success with ZYLKENE? Does it work for your cat Elaine? Its quite expensive, and quite new to the market... I got it from vet for my blind cat Sebastian (my avatar), cos he gets VERY stressed on the journey to the vets. I give him it a week before vets visit, but has absolutely NO EFFECT He gets just as stressed as ever And boy they are big capsules, to pill!!!!! He won't take it in food.
This product is supposed have the chemical thats in a mother cats milk, and therefore have a calming effect.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #46

You have success Elaine because Erin is a woose....pills as far as I am concerned need to go into the mouth then throat rubbed and pill swallowed...although you ahev to remember my two were "well trained with the sharp stick method"

Banned

24-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #47

Quote:
You have success Elaine because Erin is a woose....pills as far as I am concerned need to go into the mouth then throat rubbed and pill swallowed...although you ahev to remember my two were "well trained with the sharp stick method"
My lot as well...
Cruel to be kind...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #48

Quote:
Do you have success with ZYLKENE? Does it work for your cat Elaine? Its quite expensive, and quite new to the market... I got it from vet for my blind cat Sebastian (my avatar), cos he gets VERY stressed on the journey to the vets. I give him it a week before vets visit, but has absolutely NO EFFECT He gets just as stressed as ever And boy they are big capsules, to pill!!!!! He won't take it in food.
This product is supposed have the chemical thats in a mother cats milk, and therefore have a calming effect.
I got some for Eva and it did absolutely nothing for her either. I'm not sure if it's helping Jerry, Erin would be the best judge of that. I use Reiki on Eva, now that really helped her but Bob seems to be chock a block and I am struggling to get an appointment with him.

Quote:
Poor Jerry, he absolutely hates me now but he'll get over it once the pills stop.
As for the sharp stick method, tried that on Eva but she wrestled me to the ground and got it off me, I was the one who got a beating that night, never tried again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
24-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #49

Excuse me, Im no wuss can I just add please Kazz that Elaine only had success in pilling Jerry because I was holding him
She went into the room a few mins before me tonight, I was expecting her to have given it to him but nope........instead she had my poor boy in some sort of hold that resembled a bear hug
It takes 2 to pill that boy of mine, cant be done alone for the safety of the humans
And as Elaine said, she can pill Eva easier,need I say more?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
24-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #50

Quote:
Cant really see a change in him tbh, he seems a little more relaxed today but that could just be that he's starting to feel better now