Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #31

Re: Poorly Jerry

Poor guy. It may be more watery because he has been drinking more water from the fountain, just a thought.
No blood is a good sign. Are you managing to get him to take his meds?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
23-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Poor guy. It may be more watery because he has been drinking more water from the fountain, just a thought.
No blood is a good sign. Are you managing to get him to take his meds?
In his food yes but for how long I dont know He will wise up to it soon and stop eating the food
He is supossed to be having 2 of those cystaid tablets a day, you will have to give him one a day for me so i can hide the other in his food

Catsey Veteran

23-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #33

Ok, no problem

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
23-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
He's been sick Think it may just be a fur ball because he seems fine and was screaming for his food after he woke me up, but it was more runny than it normally is when he fetches up a fur ball. Ill just keep an eye on him.

He pee'd in the shower again and on the puppy training pads, only small amounts pee but no blood so hopefully its clearing up now.
Cystaid has glucosamine in it, which is wonderful for idiopathic urinary problems, as it forms a protective lining in the bladder. But it is well known that the first couple of doses can make cats sick/nausea, until the cats system gets used to it.This is normal with a Glucosamine related product. Nothing to worry about! I use Cystease (much the same as Cystaid) for my Amos, and he is sick the first couple of days that he is on it...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #35

Can you break the tablet up Erin if so crush it by banging it in clean cloth and a rolling pin.... then mix it with something highly liked such as squirty cream...or tuna/salmon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #36

No blood is a good sign Erin. Sounds like the sick is due to the glucosamine as catwoman says (I didn't know that). Hopefully he's on the mend, or at least not uncomfortable and will soon be mending.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 6 Moggy's
24-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #37

I've had to crush chester's tablets so he cant see it and mix up with the tesco finest fish food.
He only noticed twice

Hope Jerry is on the mend poor little fella.
Sending lots of healing vibes, hugs and kisses your way xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #38

I had to put the cysteze into tuna for Leo...worked for about 2 days then he got wise to it!!!Thankfully he was back to normal when I came away...

Catsey Veteran

24-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #39

All the meds are in capsule form, they can be sprinkled on food but putting too much in food will be noticed, leaving food untouched.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #40

I just put them as far back in the mouth as I can and hold their mouth shut and stroke neck 'til they swallow whilst holding their body in my knees and I usually get clawed to bits but it gets the job done! They REFUSE to eat even the TINIEST bit in food or water or milk or anything...

Hope he feels better soon Erin, good luck!