Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #21

Re: The Bella's Babies Thread; For Those Who Wanted To See.

Glad Bella is fine and the kittens are healthy. Best of luck with them Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
16-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #22

They certainly look a healthy little bunch with a very proud mom.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
16-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #23

Thankyou All The vet said when we were discussing the kittens n such how he thought it would be a good idea to let the dogs have a look at the kittens, as he's been to the house and knows how doggy orientated Bella is. So we brought the dogs up one at a time and made them stay as they peered over the top of the box, Bella actually clambered out to give them a good washing as she hasn't seen them in a few days..and it was all very sweet, and she climbed back into the box and settled down to feed..the dogs had a look, and a voluntary sniff and she just kept licking Ralphs' head everytime he sniffed them..and actually pushed one too his nose. Florrie being the lemon she is had to poke her head through the hole in the box..to which she had a kitten nudged at her..Bella then lay in the box feeding babies but with head out cleaning Florrie's face only in our house!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
16-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #24

If you weigh them everyday Luke you will see in proof how fast they do grow! It is amazing. Bagsy the tortie, i've always longed for a wee tortie.

ETA: In our house Dusty would often climb in with the babies and cuddle up with mum and the kits and help mum with the cleaning aswell!

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
16-08-2007, 11:44 PM   #25

I tried to find the kitchen scales but have no Idea where they've gone, may have to nip to grans tomorrows n borrow some The two tabby torties [although one is more or less a tabby but with scant ginger markings] and the white n ginger are roughly the same size, but the ginger one..jeesh, its like godzilla compared too them! I only ever see him suckling and nothing else!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-08-2007, 12:19 AM   #26

i am also in love with the tortie..

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
17-08-2007, 01:58 AM   #27

WOW they are beautiful! Im glad mum and babies are doing well.

Looking forward to more piccies I like the ginger one but they are all stunning

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
17-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
If you weigh them everyday Luke you will see in proof how fast they do grow! It is amazing. Bagsy the tortie, i've always longed for a wee tortie.

ETA: In our house Dusty would often climb in with the babies and cuddle up with mum and the kits and help mum with the cleaning aswell!
|This is a question for those with dogs, i'm a bit cautious of Ralph with the babies. Florrie is fine and gone into nanny mode and keeps just lying with her head in the box watching and licking Bella. But with Ralph it's different, obviously withhim being an adolescant himself still he's not..I can't explain what I mean, but he just has to sniff and sniff and wants to get IN the box but being quite a big lad this isn't gonna happen, so would you say just keep bringing him up for regular 'kitten visiting time'and just watching how it goes?
Im more worried about Clementine who upon seeing the new arrivals puffed herself up and strode off hissing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #29

TBH, I don't introduce the dogs to my kittens quite so early on, mainly because Maddie would want to steal them as her own I think it's a case of play it by ear. I wouldn't let the dogs or Clementine be unsupervised around them though. Clem will probably get used to them in time but I wouldn't force the issue...

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
17-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
TBH, I don't introduce the dogs to my kittens quite so early on, mainly because Maddie would want to steal them as her own I think it's a case of play it by ear. I wouldn't let the dogs or Clementine be unsupervised around them though. Clem will probably get used to them in time but I wouldn't force the issue...
Florrie sounds a bit like maddie She just got obsessed by these little things, I think the other two were a bit scared tbh! No unsupervised'ness for a long time yet though, just for the fact with the dogs I know they are clumsy toads at times.