Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-02-2007, 07:57 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Friday

Morning all, damp here but the rain during the night has now stopped. I was up early with hubby who has gone to work in Bridlington today, so he was up and out very early. It's my morning to do the horses and other than that, I'm just going to tidy round ready for my visitor this evening

Hope you all have a lovely day and that the sick members and their families are now well on the road to recovery.

Thinking about Sally and Tilly today and hoping that the news from the vets will be good x

Catsey Veteran

23-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Friday

Had a phone call from the Hospital, my mum was admitted in the early hours of the morning with serious stomach pains, they have done lots of tests, she is on a drip, catheter and nil by mouth and that's all I know until I go there later on....I'm annoyed that she didn't phone me to let me go with her and my sister only lives up the road from her and she didn't know either Mothers!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
23-02-2007, 09:30 AM   #3

Morning Fran, Morning all,

Fran, I hope you have some news re. your Mum soon ((((((hugs)))))).

Gonna catch up on threads here, then its probably just house chores x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #4

Oh Fran - how scary I hope it's nothing too serious . . . your Mum probably didn't want to worry you in the middle of the night.

It's a damp, warm day here. Been to an accountant meeting and am now at home with Dominik (baking cakes currently) and Sebastian (sleeping currently). Might try to get out for a bit with them both if it looks like we're having a few dry hours.

Catsey Veteran

23-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #5

I'm off to see her shortly, I have to pick some things up for her from her house before I go. Hopefully, I will have a better picture of things when I get there. She is 75 and has a bad heart as it is so I do feel somewhat worried

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #6

Oh Fran - what a way to greet the day. If you think it through you are better going to see what's what after a decent night's sleep - but I understand your feelings that you should have known. Hope things are OK when you get there. x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #7

Sorry to hear your Mum's unwell Fran , I hope it isn't anything too serious
I think parents of that age come from a generation where they would 'put up' with all aches and pains without complaining so as not to worry their offspring (my parents were exactly the same) ((((hugs)))) xx

It's quite a nice sunny day here after heavy rain throughout the night. Very mild too ....... I haven't needed to put any heating on yet

Have been into town this morning for bits and pieces, then called into Sainsbury on the way home for a mini trolley dash

I hope all the unwell members are on the road to recovery now.....

Enjoy your day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #8

Afternoon everyone! Fran - hope you have found things ok with your mum, I'll say a little prayer for her ((hugs)) for you!

Feeling somewhat better today, but probably worse by tonight, lol, as I've spent the whole day so far trying to sort out Raechels bedroom. We had to empty it yesterday as we got her a high sleeper bed (with wardrobe and desk) off of freecycle yesterday. It is in fantastic condition, so glad DM recommended freecycle, some great things on there. Quiet evening and weekend planned. Hope everyone has a good day.

Yola - save me a cake, lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
23-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #9

Oh Fran - I've just read this and catching up with the threads. I do hope that your mum is okay. Keep us posted. Lots of love and hugs coming your way. xxxx

Alex........what is freecycle???

Not much to report here. The weather is dull, work is hectic, but it's Friday!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #10

CB www.freecycle.co.uk
An online message board that allows people with surplus 'stuff' and peole who need 'stuff' to come together. Fab for furniture etc - you might even find your kittening pen. Go to the main page then find your local branch

Alex - I'm really glad it's working for you. The high sleeper sounds great. I'm sure you could furnish a house really well over time!