Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
14-07-2021, 06:50 AM   #1

Cold, then sunny Wednesday

Good morning everyone.

It's Wednesday 5.15pm here after a day that turned out quite sunny and 11 degrees. I got up to -5 degrees this morning and a really heavy frost with ice on the windows, but the sun eventually came out and i even managed to get a bit of washing dry on the line.

Haven't been doing much in the last few days as the weather has been awful. Snoddy is feeling the cold and i see him shaking, but his leg is healing nicely and he sleeps right up by my head every night, so keeps himself warm that way. Not so great for me though !!

Tomorrow I'm seeing my doctor in the morning, just for a repeat of all my pills and I have to have blood tests as well Also I'm booked in (finally) to have the first covid vaccine on 4th August, followed by the second one on 27th August. I'll be relieved when I have them both. Even though we have no covid cases in the community at this time, we have plenty in our MIQ facilities.

My son, Paddy was meant to be coming back to NZ but is finding it difficult to find a spot in managed isolation.He and Miranda keep trying constantly but so far no luck. They've had to cancel the air tickets unfortunately, but aren't giving up. Hopefully they might be back by xmas, but there's no guarantee of that.

Some bad news. My cousin's golden retriever has a large deep cancerous lump on her chest. The vet initially thought it was just a fatty lump but it has now grown and is bleeding. The dog is having it removed tomorrow morning at 11am and my poor cousin is in a bad way. This dog is around 12 years old. I'm praying that she'll be OK.I really wish that my own vet was doing the operation, but my cousin goes to a different vet clinic., which is close to where she lives.I'll let you know how Cinder gets on tomorrow, the poor girl.

PAMELA,fancy Harris crying like that the other night and keeping you awake. The little minx ! I hope he's settled down now It must have been lovely having Mia off the lead for her walk on Thursday ,You must have good control over her. I hope that Steven managed to get his motorcycle boots replaced easily. I'm guessing they were quite expensive and it's not really good enough that they were damaged after only 6 months use.Hope your dad and sister are all OK too, and you're all enjoying the nice weather.

SHELLEY,hope you got your son's business sorted out OK without too much stress.AND that's not good that you're working in a smaller area now. You are entitled to good ventilation, so I hope you're able to get some answers and come up with a solution that you're happy with. Did you enjoy the footie on Sunday ?

YOLA, I know exactly how you feel when you are trying to groom Kiki. It gets really stressful, doesn't it ? I don't really want to get Snoddy shaved ever again, but I am going to take him back to this groomer every 3 months and have him combed out. In the meantime, I've got to cope with 4 other cats, all of which are long haired as well, although they don't seem to object so strenuously to being groomed as Snodgrass does.

Well everyone, got to go and get the tea ready now. Curried sausages tonight. Nice on a cold night.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday and the sun shines for you all today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-07-2021, 08:17 PM   #2

Re: Cold, then sunny Wednesday

Evening. It’s warm and sunny tonight and I’m away from home in the Midlands as have a whole days of meetings in the office tomorrow. Went for a walk to keep my step count up an a hour ago and found a whole run of canal locks. It looked very dramatic. I have photos but you’ll have to look on my fb page for that as I can’t post here.

Sorry to hear about Cinder. I hope the prognosis is good once the lump has been removed.

Must dash, my dinner has arrived.