Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-06-2021, 07:01 AM   #1

Sunny Sunday.

Good morning everyone. Sunday afternoon here after a reasonably pleasant day with, wonder of wonders, no rain, and even a wee bit of sun earlier, which was nice. Not a great drying day for my washing though and tomorrow it's meant to be VERY cold, so will have to use the dryer I'm afraid.

I have been without my computer over the last week. Actually I tell a lie. My computer was working on and off but kept shutting off all the time. I've been trying to post on the forum a few times but kept losing the post. Finally on Wednesday night, the computer refused to turn on at all. My son- in- law, Jared, came over this morning and brought me a new nuc, hooked everything up for me and so far, so good.It took him ages ,as he had to transfer everything over, so I'm very grateful.

I've been going out a lot more in the past week and done a fair bit of walking. I find that sitting too long doesn't help my back at all and I'm better moving around.

My cousin has been sick with the flu all week but came around this afternoon for the first time in a week. She is feeling much better now but still coughing a bit, so wore a mask. Had chicken soup and rolls for lunch, which she provided.Going to have egg and bacon pie for tea with coleslaw followed by American cheesecake. Yummy.

I was at the doctor for a check up on Thursday. My heartbeat is now regular, but my BP is still up and down and the noise in my ears is still with me, but I'm trying to ignore it. Following your advice ,Shelley.

Cats are all OK, but Snodgrass is getting very matted again along his sides. This is despite me brushing him every second day, which he hates. He went to the groomer not that long ago, but this time, I think I'll take him to a closer woman who will shave his sides. I just worry about him getting cold, but he only goes out at night for a short time and he can take it or leave it.really. He's quite happy to stay indoors in the cold weather.The vet would shave him but she will sedate him first, which I don't want. This groomer will let me hold him while she shaves him and I think that would be better for my nervous wee cat.

Sorry, just had Eliot from next door pop in for 10 minutes, but back now.

PAMELA, how exciting starting college in August. It sounds as if you're getting all prepared with your new desk. for all that study.Good for you.The trip to Gretna last weekend must have been lovely. Gosh, 11 hours and 220 kms. You must have been tired after all that.I hope your shoulder is feeling a lot better now. AND poor Harris and Barney. Could Harris have eaten something outside that disagreed with him ? I'm so pleased that he's a bit better now. It's such a worry when they're poorly. I'm pleased that Barney's paw is also a bit better and he's not limping so much. He must have missed his long walks, the poor boy.

SHELLEY, sounds as if you're having an exciting life with your car boot sales and that parcel from Amsterdam the other day.I hope that the doll, elephant and hat were just what you wanted.Your Bible study course sounds to be going well too. I've already looked at Paul's first letter to the Thessalonians and had to do an essay on the doctrine of repentance, which i found difficult.I also was not entirely happy with the whole concept of the rapture - I remember worrying about who would look after the pets that were left behind. Silly, I know. How uplifting to see the little cygnets with their mama. Trust daddy bird to be taking it easy !!!

YOLA,sorry you've been so busy lately. Good for you for dropping a whole dress size in such a short time. You must have great will power. I'm sorry about your sore heel and I hope that it won't last too long. It's a shame it's happened just at a time when you're enjoying going for evening walks.

Well everyone, off to do tea now. and listen to the news on TV.Just got to heat up the pie, which won't take too long.

Have a great Sunday everyone.