Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
28-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #1

Rescue To Help Kittens

I have been trying so hard to find a cat rescue that helps feral/strays in hopes of finding a foster home for Katica (mama cat) and her babies. Unfortunately I haven't had much luck and I completely understand that cat rescues are very full at this time. The best I have been able to find in terms of help is a rescue that would take the babies when they are 5-6 weeks old and continue to bottle feed and wean until they are fully vetted and made available for adoption. This way I would be able to get Katica spayed sooner to avoid future litters.

What do you think about this? Is it a good idea? If so, do I trap them the same as an adult? Should I set up more than one trap? There are about 3-4 kittens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #2

Re: Rescue To Help Kittens

I'll let some one who is used to dealing with ferals answer this timber- .

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
28-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #3

The Cats' Protection in England are very good at trapping Ferals. Maybe you could email them. They have branches all over the country so if you google them I'm sure you will find an email address. How old are the kittens? If they are quite young you may be able to catch them by hand although if you fail the mother will move them straight away and you may not find them again. There are all sorts of cat resuce centres in England that could give you better advice, especially if they have experience of trapping ferals. The rescue centre I have had dealings with is Ashbourne Animal Welfare. I'm sure they will help you if they can. They have a good website with their email address on it. Good luck.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
29-06-2014, 02:48 AM   #4

There are 5 kittens. I thought there was only 3 or 4. I have named them Brie, Colby, Blue, Monterey, and Devon. For the first time Katica wasn't there so I was able to get some pictures. Not the best, but are they ever cute.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #5

What wee cutie-pies they are! Scrumptious bundles and looking well. Did you say that your two adult ferals are females, timber-? If so, I would expect that the visiting tom may be a ginger. What with Cheddar and this little ginger boy, I wonder what the odds would be?

And you've NAMED them? I know you are trying to get homes/rescue place for them but I wonder if you are already accepting them living with you? I like the cheese theme btw!