Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #11

Re: iPad or Kindle???

I have a kindle and love it - step daughter has an ipad and loves that - but steals my kindle to read mainly for the reasons mags pointed out. I think they are two different beasts made for different reasons.

Shelley - I downloaded that book about Broadmoor too, makes me want to look for more books of that ilk.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #12

My iPad is the mutts. It really is. The screen is small, but the resolution is amazing and we watch iPlayer films on it in preference to the 21" widescreen PC monitor. Sound it excellent too. I would recommend going for the highest spec'd one you can afford - OH got me the top-of-the-range one as it'll be used for business too, and it really flies.

I bought Dominik a Kindle for Christmas and have had a play with it. It's got a surprisingly good screen for character clarity but it really is only a book reading tool and not a full-on computer. The interface is a bit clunky too, compared to the iPad swipe. There is a coloured-screen Kindle out in the US as the moment which also has greater internet integration and functionality but not read any reports on when it'll be available in the UK.

Cats owned: 1 pedigree British shorthair
31-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #13

I have a pad 2.
I used mine for emails. Music. Games and music videos.
My mum has a kindle but wants a iPad aswell.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #14

I went for the Kindle and I love it. I have a cover with a light attached so I can read without putting the room light or separate reading light on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #15

Interesting Angie I am swaying towards a kindle never thought I would say that but taking so many books on holiday did weigh me down and of course I had to choose books to take...............Have looked at the covers too does that make it feel more like a book and does the kindle actually fit into it.
I am looking at the basic kindle rather than the keyboard one.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #16

I have the basic Kindle - I think it's called a Kindle 4 which is the newer version. It's slightly smaller and lighter than the last version. If you are looking at covers, make sure it is the one made for the model you get - my version 4 cover fits beautifully. I bought it from eBay - very good leather cover that fits beautifully into the hand. It's perfect if you want to take a load of books on holiday - just the best solution IMO.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #17

Okay kindle purchased and cover too and a protective clear screen saver (on offer) too. all in all I am happy just planning on having dinner (roast turkey) and then uploading maybe but off out tonight so maybe later or tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #18

I should have mentioned Kazz - do you have WiFi or access to it? You will need it to download books. Alternatively, there are other websites, such as Gutenberg where you can download books to your computer and then transfer to your Kindle.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #19

Yes got Wifi

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #20

Hooray ............... I hope to hear that you are a happy bunny in a wee while.