Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
21-07-2021, 07:02 AM   #1

Wonderful Wednesday.

Good morning everyone . it's Wednesday 5.15pm here after a good day with no rain and a high of 11 degrees. Not warm, but OK. It's starting to get colder now though.

I've had a good week so far. Great news about my cousin's dog, Cinder ,who is doing well. She has lots of stitches but they come out next Monday and everything is healing nicely. She also had her teeth cleaned and the vet found another lump under her tongue which he also removed.She seems happy and is ready for her daily walks and is eating well, so hopefully she'll get a good report on Monday.Thanks for all your kind wishes towards Cinder.

More good news. I now have a brand new heat pump courtesy of my neighbour, Eliot, who installed it this morning and it's totally free.Eliot ordered it through his firm and totally refuses to let me pay anything. He says he is honoured to do it for me.It's put me in a rather awkward position because I can't take it for nothing. It's one of the latest ones with all the bells and whistles and it is a lovely gesture , but I really feel I must pay at least something .He won't hear of it and as this model isn't on the retail market yet, I can't find out the price. It's made a huge difference to the temperature in the lounge and I've only got it on a low setting. He's a lovely guy and he and one of his contractors spent all morning installing the inside and outside units. My poor cats were completely demented and in the end I shut them up in their room while the guys were here. After it was all over, they spent ages sniffing around the lounge and even now they are really unsettled and won't lie down.

PAMELA, I'm glad you're having some nice weather and enjoying getting out and about.Hope your leg muscle has improved now and you're able to run again.That tree top assault course must have been amazing ,even if a bit scary. Good on you for doing it.I don't think i would have been able to do it.You can't really blame Harris for wanting to get out and about in the nice weather and you don't want him to start clawing your new carpet again, so I'm afraid you're going to have to let him out. Hopefully he'll stay around your property.At least Skye doesn't want to venture out too far from home.

SHELLEY, glad you too are enjoying the nice weather. Only a few more days left of work, then you're off to Scotland for 6 weeks. How lovely for you.AND a doll fair on Saturday to go to as well. Hope you find something there that takes your fancy.

YOLA, good for you for walking such a lot. You put me to shame.Hope those itchy mosquito bites are settling down a bit. How irritating they must be in the heat. I'm sorry that your cats are feeling the heat. Persians don't like summer temperatures - mine don't either.Do you have Kool Mats in England ? Willow had one and now I find my cats love it in the summer as well and it certainly cools them right down. The mat stays cool for hours, and I use it every day in the summer.

Well everyone, hope you all have a good Wednesday and enjoy the weather.I'll just sit back and enjoy this heat pump.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #2

Re: Wonderful Wednesday.

Evening all.
Had a lovely day with friends.
They came to my house and we spent the day in the garden chatting, eating cake and drinking fruit juice as everyone driving.
Lovely bible study class last night, we could do with an hour just to chat after though.
Dinky, great news about Cinders, hope the report is good and she continues to do well.
Yola and Pamela have you been out walking or is it too hot?