Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
12-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #1

New Kitchen

I am having quotes done for a new kitchen at the moment

Since I moved into my house three years ago I have decorated/improved each room. I tarted the kitchen a little with new flooring and paint on the walls but have hated the actual cabinets/worktops forever.

Am hoping to have it installed around April/May.

Have any of you had a kitchen installed and is there anything you regret not having put in, or had put in and never used???? Any tips that you might want to share? Any companies that are really bad or good???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #2

Re: New Kitchen

Hi Donna,

I purchased my kitchen from MFI - it is the Schrieber Madrid one, luckily I had my Dad install it all for me. My advice would be if you buy a kitchen from somewhere and decide to have different installers, it is best to arrange for the kitchen to be fitted once all of the kitchen has turned up. A girl I work with had her kitchen from MFI and they also installed it a week after it was delivered and there was a lot of bits she had to wait for and this caused a few delays, now she wishes that she waited until it was all there and complete before arranging it to be fitted.

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #3

Also I would definately get an extractor hood

I have also got fitted into my tiny kitchen two pull out spice racks which are great

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #4

Also if you want to get your kitchen from MFI, If you have got a Howdens builders merchants near you they sell the same kitchens but a lot lower price.

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2006, 07:45 PM   #5

This is what my pull out racks look like, I fitted them around my oven. They are tiny only 150mm but are great for putting spices, vingear, sauces in

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2006, 07:47 PM   #6

I was gonna just go for supply only basis as my manager at work knows builders,electricians,plumbers etc. They will install it for me cheaper. Also I have had a B&Q quote which the design the guy did was rubbish. One of the builders that would fit it has given me a Howdens brochure and he has taken all the measurements and is gonna come back with a design and price soon. Cant wait till its fitted!!

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
This is what my pull out racks look like, I fitted them around my oven. They are tiny only 150mm but are great for putting spices, vingear, sauces in
I only have a small kitchen so there is a limit to what I will be able to fit in, but lots of ideas are best as then they can be thought about and decided upon and the best options kept in the design.

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #8

I really think that is the best way of doing it, unless of course you can get a very good firm to supply and fit the kitchen, and I think that would be a lot of money. It is strange with MFI because we had a couple of doors turned up damaged/imperfect and we just phoned them and they sent us out more, we have got quite a few spare doors upstairs, 5 that I can recall, perhaps more.

How big is your kitchen, I have a tiny kitchen 9' x 7' so I was lucky that I could get the kitchen that I had always really liked. Still quite expensive though

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #9

My kitchen is just over three meters x two and a half meters I think. All done metric now!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
12-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #10

Make sure you have a dish washer! LOL. I am so jealous I want a new kitchen.