Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #21

Re: loosing weight

i think i'll try the smaller palte thing lol!
got plenty of small paltes, all got things like tweenies or bob builder or tigger ont hem but hey who cares? lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
19-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #22

lol you won't see bob the builder once your food in on there

I really hope that you can find a plan that works for you

I find this one of the most amazing weight loss stories on lowcarbfriends

Here is the link, if you got down to quiggleys post she was 570+ pounds which is 40 stone, she is now 218 which is about 15 stone and she looks amazing!!! So she has lost 25 stone!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=138187

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-01-2006, 04:54 PM   #23

CJK
Read an article in a maggie whilst I wa waiting to give blood. Apparently a low GI diet can control PCOS - worth investigating?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
20-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #24

I do the Atkins as and when I feel the need. I lost a stone begining of last year and altho I''m not being really strict on it I have found that I haven't piled it all back on.

After talking to my Dr it appears that I do really have to restrict my carb intake as that is what is causing me to put weight on. I feel a lot healthier than I used to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #25

I am doing weigh****chers but it is so slow going. Lost 2lb first week, 1lb the second. Am only in third week, but already am losing heart....

Global Moderator

20-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #26

I did the Atkins diet last year and lost 1st 10lbs....I found it quite easy to keep to, and like Nae said, I didn't put it all back on like you tend to do with other diets.
I just cut down on the carbs now if I need to.

Catsey Veteran

20-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #27

Good to hear some good views on low carbing. The only person I have ever heard dismissed it was a girl at work who said "I tried atkins and I couldn't stand eating all of the fatty food" ???? She hadn't read the book which annoyed me a bit, she had obviously just read some article in the press??? I said don't you eat your veggies? and the look on her face said it all? Shame really because I think she would have done well with it.

Well I weighed myself on the 16th Jan and I was 10.2 I am now 9.12 so I have lost 4lbs in the last four days. It always comes off easily.

Apart from Christmas time my weight does stay quite constant even if I eat a little bit more carby food. However eat pasta, chinese, lots of rice and I put it back on quite quickly.

Global Moderator

20-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #28

Atkins...fatty food??? The only 'fatty' food I ate was lean back bacon!!

Catsey Veteran

20-01-2006, 08:01 PM   #29

Well I must admit I do still eat cheese but I still loose weight.

A few things I have noticed when low carbing

Hair looks better
Skin improves
Sleep like a log
Have tones of energy
Less tempremental
Periods are shorter
Need a smaller shoe size (I figured weighing more must have started to flatten out my feet)

One thing I would like to know from other people who have low carbed, when you go into the supermarkets when you go either past the bakery section or sweet section can you ACTUALLY smell the sugar???? I find that very bizzare??

Global Moderator

20-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #30

You're right Emma, you can smell the sweetness! It never worried me if I never had another biscuit or cake as I completely lost my sweet tooth (got it back now mind, after Christmas )
What I did miss to start with was cereals as I was never a cooked breakfast person. I used to snack between meals on cubes of cheese and slices of chicken or slices of carrots and fruit.
My children were amazed how much healthier I looked after.....and when someone tells you that it really makes you feel good!