Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-08-2007, 09:05 AM   #31

Re: Chloe has forgotten the litter tray exists..

Donna, have you tried Royal Canin's kibble for fussy eaters? My lot can't get enough of it and Meezers are notoriously fussy. If you haven't tried it, I'm off down the pet shop later, I'll see if I can get you a couple of sample packs to try her with???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
14-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #32

I must admit, I have been feeding the cats the cheaper food - Misty gobbles up anything I buy... Chloe does like those small sheba tins, but I cant afford to be buying that all the time.

If the shop has some samples, that would be great Fran. And if you could let me know what sort of cost is involved with this food.

At the moment I am feeding my cats Tesco tinned cat food at 34p a tin which does one day for two cats plus a box of kibbles from Tesco that are around 89p that lasts a few weeks.

I know I might have to up the price of the cat food to get her to eat some more food and will have to adjust my budget accordingly!

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #33

I'll try and get you some samples today Donna. I buy big sacks of it but I'll find the current price of a 2kg bag when I go. It would last you a good while, particularly if you feed the girls seperately so only the fussy eater was having the food. If I get the samples I'll pm you for your address...

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #34

Thanks Fran, I think I will continue to feed separately whatever the outcome for the weeing problem..... she is very nervous when eating and always ready to run if she hears the slightest noise....

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #35

I've just had a look at the full RC range. The food I feed is for sensitive tums and fussy eaters. They also do one specifically aimed at fussy eaters. I'll see if I can get samples of both. If she hasn't got them today . I am sure she'll get some in for me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
14-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Thanks Fran, I think I will continue to feed separately whatever the outcome for the weeing problem..... she is very nervous when eating and always ready to run if she hears the slightest noise....
It sounds like her anxiety is the root of all her problems, Donna. If you can get her to overcome that somehow then I'm sure she'll be a happier cat, stop peeing inappropriately and eat more and put on some weight.

Easier said than done though, I know.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #37

Donna - sorry to bombard you with even more suggestions but here's my latest 'brainwave'.
I think all we 'experts' are saying that Chloe is a scaredy cat and that is probably at the root of her problems. And she is in a vicious circle - stressed/anxious, pees inappropriately, stresses you (even if you try not to show it - cats are good at ready body language), stresses Chloe more etc etc. So try to break the circle. Pay attention to her at 'good/calm times. Speak to her, stroke her, play with her lots more than you do now. And include Misty as well.
Rescue Remedy sounds good - for all of you.
Once again - good luck

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
It sounds like her anxiety is the root of all her problems, Donna. If you can get her to overcome that somehow then I'm sure she'll be a happier cat, stop peeing inappropriately and eat more and put on some weight.

Easier said than done though, I know.
Hit the nail on the head Charlie methinks.

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Donna - sorry to bombard you with even more suggestions but here's my latest 'brainwave'.
I think all we 'experts' are saying that Chloe is a scaredy cat and that is probably at the root of her problems. And she is in a vicious circle - stressed/anxious, pees inappropriately, stresses you (even if you try not to show it - cats are good at ready body language), stresses Chloe more etc etc. So try to break the circle. Pay attention to her at 'good/calm times. Speak to her, stroke her, play with her lots more than you do now. And include Misty as well.
Rescue Remedy sounds good - for all of you.
Once again - good luck
Thanks for taking the time to try to help DM!

Yes she is a scaredy cat; not sure why, but dont think tht is necessarily needed to know. Perhaps she is just scared at EVERYTHING!

I have just got in, and she has pooped in her tray and eaten her food that was in the bathroom (new space). I offered some more when she was sitting on dining room chair (not usual place to eat) and she ate it with me sitting next to her. Seemed to be fairly relaxed but did keep an eye on her surroundings. Think little and often rather than just the two meals that Misty gets a day.

She is happy for snuggles on the sofa from time to time and I will encourage that more, and will try and get her to play more, but the usual scenario is:

Chloe playing nicely. Misty hears the fun and tries to join in. Chloe runs off.

Will get Rescue Remedy for me and the cats soon!

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #40

Well have now been to shops and placed a few drops of rescue remedy in the water bowls.... Chloe sniffed and turned away...

just have to wait and see if she drinks any.