Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
09-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #11

Re: Nervous new baby.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Maybe he's a Radio 4 cat? - wanted to hear the afternoon play not Pussycat Dolls?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm - maybe you're right!!!! lol

I'll try and find something more educational!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
09-08-2007, 07:13 PM   #12

Charlie, when Abi came she hid for three days. Only coming out for food and litter.
I found if I went after her it made her worse. She hated the hoover, ran a mile. I ignore her taking off and she's getting better. Will now toddle off to the bedroom when I'm doing the living room.
HOWEVER Caspurr who isnt afraid of anything now hides when I bring the hoover out!! I dont even have to turn it on Cats????

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #13

Thanks Jac.

I know it's early days. I'm just not sure whether it's better to leave him out with the others so that they can integrate and make their own pecking order; or whether to keep him apart until he's more confident, but that means that he's not getting used to the others

At the moment he spends a lot of time with me alone, which is great for our bonding, but he's not getting any more experienced with the other cats or the house.

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #14

I dont know if this is any help but I just gave Abi the run of the house along with Caspurr. Look at them now inseparable. They both come to me individually though for cuddles and there is no jealousy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-08-2007, 02:46 PM   #15

You'll have to balance being aware of his sensitivities with not making him a total wuss, won't you CB? Remember the behaviouralist and the 'learned behaviour' warning - take care not to allow him to learn to be a scaredy-cat.

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
You'll have to balance being aware of his sensitivities with not making him a total wuss, won't you CB? Remember the behaviouralist and the 'learned behaviour' warning - take care not to allow him to learn to be a scaredy-cat.
That's exactly what I'm worried about DM The more I shut him away from them, I'm just wrapping him in cotton wool and not letting him see the "real world".

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #17

Id be inclined to plonk him down and let him get on with it. Leave a basket for him to retreat into and feel safe if he wants that.