Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-04-2024, 08:44 AM   #1

Saturday

Hello ladies, last day here, home tomorrow.
Not been sleeping as well the last few nights as I've stuff to sort at home.
Thursday was ok weatherwise so we spent the day at Culzean castle.
We had breakfast at a really nice burger van on the way and then wandered around the country park for hours.
Lunch in the cafe and then i went into the castle.
We are visiting one of our favourite places, Portpatrick today and then out for dinner.
Pamela, congratulations on your anniversary, did you enjoy your dinner and book review?
Im reading a book about a speech therapist who taught her dog to communicate by pressing buttons.
Dinky, sounds like you did just great with your physio. I guess its a matter of building your confidence as well as strength.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
13-04-2024, 12:06 PM   #2

Re: Saturday

Good morning Pamela and Sheley,
Saturday evening here just after 10pm and I've just said goodbye to my sister, who came down and had tea with me tonight. Janna is working at the Armageddon festival until 11pm tonight, so I've only got an hour to wait and then she'll be home. and Snoddy and I can go to bed.

Sophie, the cat groomer came yesterday and Snoddy has been shaved - no more matts or big knots on my poor boy. he actually didn't put up much of a fight. Last night I'm sure he was cold, as he was trembling, but he is eating and drinking and purring a little. He slept in my arms all night and I tried to keep him as warm as possible. He's still not quite happy but he's not trembling anymore. He's spent a lot of the day sleeping on my bed, as it's been rather cold and rainy.today. Tomorrow is meant to be more sunny, so I hope he'll feel a bit warmer. and not be quite so unsettled Next week, the forecast is also good, so I'm glad about that. The other cats all got Brazilian cuts and they were OK with that. I think they're getting to know Sophie a bit better now. She bought her dog, Mabel with her - Mabel is a poodle cross and is a caramel colour. She's a sweet girl and very obedient. We bought her inside after the cats had all been groomed and I'm afraid the cats weren't impressed. Miracle was the only one who finally came into the lounge and hissed at Mabel , who was lying on the couch.

Yeah, my front conservatory started leaking on Thursday night during all the heavy rain we had. Janna was putting down buckets all through the night, but luckily, the water didn't come into the lounge. I'm going to get Declan around again to clean out the guttering, as that seems to help.
PAMELA,good for you for attending the leaving night on Thursday night. I know exactly how you felt - I don't like group gatherings either. You're certainly braver than me, coz I would have made up some excuse for not attending. Congratulations on the anniversary of your first date night on Thursday and I hope you had a fantastic date night last night .That evening with Kerry Irvine sounds wonderful. Max is a beautiful book and so much fun to read. I bet you had a lovely meal as well. I hope Robyn's tummy has settled now, poor girl. BTW, love,love,love your kitchen, but I'll talk about that tomorrow when i email you. You've got an electric jug exactly like mine !!!

SHELLEY enjoy your last day in Scotland and your visit to Portpatrick today. and your dinner. I'm sorry you're not sleeping so well at the moment. Try not to worry about what you've got to do when you get home. Things aren't usually as bad as they seem and I'm sure everything will just fall into place That trip to Culzean Castle sounds amazing. You must be in a fantastic spot where you are ,with so many lovely walks and interesting places within easy reach. Hopefully the weather will have cleared for you today .I bet the pups will be happy to be home again soon and it is always nice to sleep in your own bed again. Hope Chris is now totally over his coughing . How horrid getting a cold when on holiday.

Well ladies, I have no more news, so I'll just wait for Janna to come home. Snoddy is looking at me hopefully, but I can't go to bed until Janna gets home.

Have a great Saturday Pamela and Shelley.