Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
08-04-2024, 09:06 AM   #1

Monday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Monday evening ,around 7:20pm here and it's been a nice warm day of 20 degrees. It's also meant to be OK tomorrow., so may try and do some washing and let Janna hang it out. Janna is working tonight until midnight and I'm here on my own. I didn't dare tell Brenna, as she would have come over, but I really am OK. Janna wasn't meant to be working ,but a lot of the staff have got covid and she was called in to do admin work, both tonight and tomorrow night. I encouraged her to take it, as I need to be more independent. I've been walking on one crutch only today. My physio, whom i saw this afternoon, was pleased . He promptly removed my one crutch and told me to walk to the end of the room with nothing. I practically begged him to walk with me but he refused. and just told me I could do it. I DID IT !!! (although I was terrified). Boy is this guy tough !!! However, I think he is just what I need, as I don't have a lot of confidence and he just makes me get on with it, without overthinking. things. Talk about tough love !!! He's told me that for our next session on Thursday, I must leave my one crutch outside his room and walk in with no aid, otherwise he will confiscate the crutch and not let me have it back at all. Do i have a choice ? Please think of me on Thursday afternoon, ladies, as I enter the lions den. !!!

Brenna has ordered me some frozen meals to be delivered tomorrow. She couldn't find any decent ones at the supermarket ,so she ordered a selection from a take-away meal service, both for me and janna, so we don't need to cook anything.for tea. I'm guessing these are very expensive but she won't let me pay for them. Actually, they do sound lovely and I am grateful for them, but really, Janna is quite a good cook and if she's working ,I'm sure I can whip up something to eat for myself. It's better for me to be doing something, even though I'm not meant to be moving around too much. Hopefully I can fit all these frozen meals into my freezer.

Now I promised you both that I'd tell you about Harry ,the hospital cat. who came to see me when I was in hospital the first time. The first time I met him, I was about to be wheeled down to x-ray the day after my operation. Harry came into the room ,jumped up on my bed and proceeded to lick his bottom. Just at that moment, my surgeon came in to see how i was ,and didn't look too happy to see Harry on the bed, propped up against my bad knee, doing what he was doing. I started babbling on about how lovely it was to see Harry and how his visit had made my day, and the surgeon didn't say anything. Harry came all the way down to x-ray with me that morning.

The next time I saw Harry was when he paid me a visit at night a couple of days later. I had my suitcase on the floor of my room. As you know, my cats had been lying in the suitcase before I went into hospital, and their scent must have been still on it. Harry became very interested in it and then sprayed against it Gosh, there was a big puddle on the floor and I knew I couldn't leave it there for one of the nurses to find in the morning, so here's me dragging myself out of bed on one leg at about 2am and trying to find something to clean it up with I had to use one of my own flannels and then I squirted my can of deodorant all around the area so that it wouldn't smell. I don't know what I would have done if one of the nurses had come in.and caught me spraying deodorant all around. I didn't tell anyone, as I didn't want Harry to get into trouble. Yeah, it could only happen to me. The hospital produces a calendar of Harry every year and I am going to order one for you both, as well as for myself and my sister . Proceeds go towards Harry's upkeep. It will certainly bring back memories of Harry, the spraying cat.

PAMELA, hope you enjoyed a yummy pizza last night Nothing beats a hot pizza when you're hungry. Let's hope that wind has settled down for you now and your wee Robin family are all snug and warm.

SHELLEY, I'm not sure if you are still at the van or not but if you are, I hope the weather has also cleared up for you as well and you can enjoy the remainder of your time there.

Have a fantastic Monday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-04-2024, 04:50 PM   #2

Re: Monday daily.

Good evening Dinky,

Im just home from work and made a cup of tea whilst waiting for Steven to pick me up to go food shopping and typical i put the camera down and the birds flock to the feeder!!nm

My good ness Harry certainly sounds like a character!! Cant wait to see his calendar!! Please let me know how much it is so i can send the money! Im sure Harry has done that before though and the nurses would be used to him!! They should probably get him neutered though to stop him spraying!

That's great you feel able to be on your own with Janna at work, definitely the first steps to getting your independence back. I think it sounds like the physio knows what you need and is encouraging you to get walking unaided again!! Good on him i say!!

I had a busy day at work today working on an issue from 930am and a few hours after that and not sure yet if its resolved. Will hopefully get the result i want tomorrow!! Was glad to finish at 330pm although i was still working on the train on the way home as i have teams on my phone so was on that helping with other issues. I really need to learn to switch off!!

Hoping Steven wont be long coming home as i have hungry girls after their walk with the new dog walker. I want to get some carrots and banana for their food though as Robyns tummy hasnt been the best on walks so think that may help her. Also going to change their food again. Its one of the best rated and typical it has started not agreeing with both of them. Ohh well lol!!

Shelley how is the caravan visit going? Its been ok up here today until about an hour ago, hopefully you got some of that nice weather today too!!

Have a lovely evening ladies