Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

02-12-2003, 10:03 PM   #1

How Long Should I Wait?

This might seem a silly question, but how long should you normally wait after contacting a breeder about their kittens?

The reason I ask is I have seen some kittens that admittedly are only two weeks old as yet and I have e-mailed the breeder regarding them but haven't had a reply even though I know they have read my e-mail. I know I might seem a bit keen but I just want to make sure I don't miss this opportunity as I know pedigree kittens go really fast.

Sorry as you can see I'm a little new to this pedigree lark - do breeders wait until the kittens are a bit older before they come back to you?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Bengal
Azz is Male
03-12-2003, 01:43 PM   #2

Re: How Long Should I Wait?

Hi Bagpuss and welcome to the forum!

How long ago did you email them? I would say that most breeders would get back to you withiin a few days time even if to simply acknowledge your interest.

If it's been over a week since you emailed then, then I'd try again - start the email by saying something like "hi, I sent you an email last week but am not sure if you recieved it as I am yet to hear from you, incase you didn't get the email I have pasted a copy below.."

I hope this helps!

03-12-2003, 06:34 PM   #3

Hi there,

Thanks for that, I must admit I might be being impatient. As it was only Monday that I e-mailed them and haven't had anything yet. It's just it's the first time I've actually seen kittens available and I've seen them relatively soon after they have been posted on the site and born. I guess I'm just being anxious as I want to claim first stakes as it were!

I have their number as well and as they live in the same town as me I'm quite keen as it wont be that far to go, I think I might give them a ring over the weekend to find out what's happening.

Catsey Junior

04-12-2003, 03:02 AM   #4

Hello Bagpuss!

I probably couldn't wait either and would ring them asap! lol (well emails do get lost )

I'm all curious now.. what breed are they? and please post us some pictures when you get them

Good luck!

Almost a Veteran Member

Azz is Male
04-12-2003, 05:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
..and please post us some pictures when you get them
I agree... please post some pix when you get them! Our Bengal is pregers and when the kittens arrive I'll be posting some!!

04-12-2003, 07:24 PM   #6

Hi Tina,

It's actually Maine coons I'm interested in - I'll either give them a ring tonight or over the weekend as I say. But certainly if I get them I'll post some pix.

Catsey Junior

05-12-2003, 10:25 PM   #7

wow they are gorgeous
They remind me of little lions
Please do keep us informed on your progress

Almost a Veteran Member

Azz is Male
18-01-2004, 04:34 PM   #8

Hi Bagpuss - how did you get on? Please post a few pics when you get some done