Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
01-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #1

Romeo, Missy, Smudge and Speedy.

With all of the stress/upset/excitement of the last month, I have forgotten to introduce Missy!
She is a 6 year old tabby and she came to live with us on 23rd June.

She was my brothers cat, but he has a house full with 4 kids, four year old twins and two teenagers, and unfortunately the twins were getting a bit rough when playing with her, so he asked us if we would take her in (how could you say no to that face?)
She is a lovely cat and very affectionate, although still a bit nervous about being picked up understandably. She has been nicknamed Pissy Missy after having a wee on the bed!

Very sadly we made the decision to have Speedy PTS a week later on July 1st. She was 18 years old and suffering with CRF. She had been doing well for the past 3 and a half years, but for the last month she had been mostly sleeping. She had stopped eating and on sunday she wouldn't even drink any water so we had to say goodbye.
This is a photo of her "helping" me with the gardening (don't worry it's not switched on!)

Just when things were starting to settle down and we were getting used to having just 2 cats again, I get a call from my boyfriend: "There's this kitten.......they can't find a home for him....." I'll let you guess the rest of the conversation! You have already met, and helped me name Romeo, but here's another photo!

There will be photos of his incredible levitating skills coming soon!

And last, but not least, Smudge. She is the oldest now at 12/13 and also the quiet one. She has just about forgiven me for bringing another boy into the house! And for a small cat, she takes up a huge amount of the bed!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdolls
01-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #2

Re: Romeo, Missy, Smudge and Speedy.

Lovely photos, very sorry to hear about Speedy, sounds like you made the right decision, it must of been so hard though.

Have been laughing at the pissy missy title, she's a beauty though. Romeo looks extremely relaxed and settled and quite the prince of the house. Bless little smudge, she sounds very tolerant, and another gorgeous photo x

Catsey Junior

01-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #3

Speedy was a very special cat, she thought she was human! Very tough decision, but it was clear that she was on the way out. Fortunately she always enjoyed a trip to the vets, so it wasn't stressfull for her.

I didn't realise how evil smudge looked in that photo!
This one's a bit better

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdolls
01-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #4

Aw she looks like a different cat on the last photo, gorgeous

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #5

What lovely cats- so sorry to read about Speedy, but you did the kindest thing for her.

I love your Missy and Smudge. I too had a Smudge, very similar colouring, she had a wee smudge of white on her upper lip. I always think B&W cats look so very smart! Missy is a gorgeous tabby and looks very curious about your camera!

Thanks for introducing them. How is Romeo getting on with the ladies???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #6

Very sorry to hear about your loss of Speedy.
I love all the pictures

Catsey Junior

03-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #7

Romeo hasn't quite won the girls hearts yet! They were a bit hostile to him at first, lots of hissing and growling. He stood his ground for a while, but now he just rolls over and they walk away in disgust! He has got a bit braver and keeps trying to get their tails, so he has had a few slaps in the face this week. It hasn't stopped him though.

I don't know how Smudge got her name, she was 5 when we got her, and there are no smudges on her at all. She gets called everything but Smudge. Princess, pretty girl, smee, smigidy smugidy smoo! (she hates that one!) It's the same with Missy, she gets called Moo moo because she's quite large!

Angie, I love your avatar! We seem to have a very similar cat history! Romeo is the first one that isn't black, black+white or brown tabby.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerMoon
Angie, I love your avatar! We seem to have a very similar cat history! Romeo is the first one that isn't black, black+white or brown tabby.
Thanks TiggerMoon! Yes we do seem to have similar cat histories! I've not actually had that many cats, my father was cat phobic, although my mum loved them so I didn't have my first cat until I was married and we were in our second house, away from a main road. Merlin was my first cat, a tabby boy who lived to be 23 years +; Smudge was a B&W girl who adopted us and shortly after gave birth to 3 kittens. Smudge lived to be around 19 years. After Merlin passed, we could only manage 3 weeks until Kizzy came to stay - she's a rescue and was placed with me by the graces of a couple of members here on Catsey. She is a torbie, tabby/tortoiseshell and then Pip arrived (my avatar). We also tried to re-home a stray we called Harley who was B&W but sadly that didn't work out as he became aggressive towards Kizzy and Pip and had to be placed in a rescue. I still feel very sad about him.