Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
13-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #1

Litter Pics

Hi All,

Thought we could have a little debate about this.

There are two factions about this topic - on either extreme side, one is totally against cat breeding/litters (due to rescue) and the other doesn't mind and finds all kitty pics cute n cuddly.

With regards to Catsey - we had a rule that only one thread per litter would be allowed, but I think that rule is too hard to police. So we're thinking of bringing in a new section just for litters pics/vids BUT it will not show on the main forum listing (or to the public) - so only those interested in seeing litters can do so, and at the same time it can't be used as a form of advertising as it won't be shown to guests.

We'll simply post a sticky thread up with a link to the new section in it, or contain a link to it on the main forum listing.

So what do you think?

Of course this doesn't mean we welcome willy nilly breeding - we are still against unethical breeding, this is just a measure to put in place for those litters that do happen to find their way onto Catsey.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
13-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #2

Re: Litter Pics

I'm all for it Az, I love seeing piccies - all piccies and not just litter/baby pics.

I think the idea is good, then if you want to see them you can and if you don't then you don't have to and it can't be seen as a form of advertising as guests won't have access. So it's a thumbs up from me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #3

I agree with Fran!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #4

Ditto, so do I...!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #5

Is this section your thinking of doing just for pics/vids or will it be used for litter announcements also, to stop people joining just to advertise their litters?

Admin Team

Az is Male
13-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #6

Yeah, I think we can extend it to all litter chat? That way it can't offend anyone.

Glad everyone so far is up for the idea.

Global Moderator

13-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az
Yeah, I think we can extend it to all litter chat? That way it can't offend anyone.
What about health related stuff re litters. Would that still go in the Health Section like on Dogsey?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #8

I was just going to say that because think about it - the row could start again if say I get another cat (moggie) she has a litter - I post saying litter got the runs....off we go again on the why let your moggie have a litter?

Although the idea is good, maybe we just have to use a little restraint. We can do it -

I mean I would love to see no more litters from Smudgley but that is a fantasy - there will be rescue litters always. So maybe restrict rescue litters like Smudgley's Alex's and anyone else's to rescue?
Karen

Admin Team

Az is Male
13-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #9

I think health matters would still be best in the health sections - they are too serious to deny someone the help of your opinions in those situations. If anyone posts something unwarranted/off topic their posts will be deleted.

Re Rescue kittens, they can be posted in the Rescue section

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
13-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #10

I'm all for it Az!!

Whilst I don't encourage willy-nilly breeding - I do love baby pics!!! There has to be a happy medium.