Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Ginger & white, 1 black & white
26-11-2006, 03:28 AM   #11

Re: Badly treated kittens

The thing there is...if you help moggy to disappear you risk the owners getting another to replace the one thats 'gone missing'. Also look at the fact is the kitten naturally thin or is it not being fed properly?

I have rescued a cat that was neglected, and a friend of mine had it, but even though it has the best home in the world now...and eats like a horse....it is still very thin

I would go with your gut feeling, only you can decide what you think is the right decision. Good luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
26-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #12

I'd personally leave well alone as it's obviously owned by someone as it's wearing a collar.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
27-11-2006, 10:27 AM   #13

Go for it poor little mite should be tucked up in front of the telly not wandering the streets at his/her age. A collar does not make a good owner either and definitely doesn't give them the right to neglect the little one. Alfie and Rosie don't wear collars (microchipped) because I worry about they getting trapped.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
29-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #14

I would do it too. We rescued our second cat from a person we knew. We looked after him on bonfirenight last year and i wouldnt let him go back. He was in the early stages of cat flu and was covered in cat pooh. Wasnt properley litter trained within two days hes was. Just go for it you would proberly save its life.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
30-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #15

my reggies a thin cat. but eats very well, just dont put on weight, hes also got a spot on the back of his head from where ronnie bit him. so if u are going to to it just be carefull, u dont want to be done for it.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: domestic long haired
18-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #16

i would take it to the rspca as a stray......then if the owner does think anything of the cat she would ring them and get it back......if the owner doesnt get it back then you know you did the right thing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
18-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #17

That's a tough one Alex, but I would go with your gut. Personally I think I would save it, but then there is the worry of the owners just going to get another kitten and the same thing happening.

Could you not report the owners to the RSPCA for neglect and let them deal with it instead?

I had a bit of a dilemma with that stray that was coming into my house; what if he wasn't a stray and I caught him and shipped him off to Wood Green? But in the end I decided that it was for his own good as he was so skinny and an entire male. (He didn't have a collar on and I still haven't caught him - in fact haven't seen him for a few days)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #18

Strange that this was brought up again as I've just been talking to one of the people who took one of the kittens. from what evidence we have gathered these cats were all feral and have since rehomed 2 of them and desperatley trying to catch the 3 that are still running about!! The 2 that have been rehomed are very happy now, litter trained and spayed. One was named Isis and the other Cleopatra!!