Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #1

What is she up to??

After Cassie's episode managing to unlock her cat flap and get out the other night, I thought I had solved it by blocking her access to the flap with quite heavy boxes...............but no!

When I came down this morning she had managed to move them aside, fortunately she didn't manage to unlock it this time but, in her efforts, she has ripped all the seal off around the flap!

What has happened to my sweet 'goody-goody' puddie cat?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-09-2006, 11:05 AM   #2

Re: What is she up to??

Maybe she is going through a midlife crisis, there is obviously something outside she wants to get to...But what?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
24-09-2006, 11:08 AM   #3

Has she never tried to get out so much at night before Mags???

Has anything outside changed at all?

Global Moderator

24-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Maybe she is going through a midlife crisis, there is obviously something outside she wants to get to...But what?
I'm beginning to think cats do have a midlife crisis now Moli!

The strange thing is that during the day she never wants to leave the garden but come the early evening she always seems to do her disappearing act now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #5

I think they do/can go a bit 'odd' after being kennelled. It may just be that they are out of routine, and need help getting them back into 'house rules'.
The evenings have been quite mild and there are a lot of flying things............ Cassie didn't know - but now she does.
Could you feed her just before bed, so she has to come in for food and then settles down with a full tummy? I know this may be difficult with her dietary restrictions .....

(Slightly off topic - I am looking at getting a house/pet sitting service for future holidays. Less disruption for the pets, no kennel cough risk and (with 4 pets) not a huge financial differential. And the house is kept occupied)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
24-09-2006, 11:17 AM   #6

I always call the cats in for their dinner - that way they come in as they hungry. Catflap locked after that!!

Dont think I would have any worries of my cats trying to get out - Misty cant even work out how to use a catflap normally, let alone a locked one!!!

Global Moderator

24-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Has she never tried to get out so much at night before Mags???

Has anything outside changed at all?
No she hasn't Donna, she has been quite content to curl up indoors once the flap is locked.

As far as I know nothing has changed outdoors either....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
I think they do/can go a bit 'odd' after being kennelled. It may just be that they are out of routine, and need help getting them back into 'house rules'.
The evenings have been quite mild and there are a lot of flying things............ Cassie didn't know - but now she does.
Could you feed her just before bed, so she has to come in for food and then settles down with a full tummy? I know this may be difficult with her dietary restrictions .....

(Slightly off topic - I am looking at getting a house/pet sitting service for future holidays. Less disruption for the pets, no kennel cough risk and (with 4 pets) not a huge financial differential. And the house is kept occupied)
It may have something to do with being in the cattery, DM but we have never had any problems with it before and we have used the same place for 9 years.

I will try your idea of feeding her later though, that may help

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #8

Methinks someone is in Luurrvve!

Are there any new cats on the block that might be getting out at night?

Global Moderator

24-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Methinks someone is in Luurrvve!

Are there any new cats on the block that might be getting out at night?
Not that I've noticed Alex.....

She had better be behaving herself!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #10

Would it be the end of the world to let her have access to the outside world at night Mags? I know you like her in but she obviously wants to go out why not let her. Bet she gets fed up in the cold nights - there again Oz adored the cold it was only bitter wind that kept him in. Even Cleo is popping out at the moment at night so there must be something in the weather at the moment,

Are we/you right in assuming Cassie is trying to get out and it not an interloper trying to get in have you?