Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #11

Re: Cat dreams

I had a really odd dream staying in an hotel once. A cat jumped on my bed- which as you can imagine happens a lot at home - but I wasn't at home! After lying awake for a bit convinced that I was being haunted by the hotel cat I realised that whenever a particular door shut downstairs one corner of the bed 'dipped' which to me felt like a cat jumping onto the bed......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #12

What a strange thing to happen cats' staff!

When I was a girl I was staying overnight with some friends - and sleeping in one of my friend's bed. Their cat jumped through the window onto the bed in the middle of the night. I yelled, the poor cat was scared and my friends laughed and laughed. Never forget that poor cat - he was a real beauty - long haired grey called Napoleon!

Catsey Veteran

20-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #13

I don't know why I was scared- if I'm going to be haunted a ghost cat would be fine! It was odd though. It was a very old building which moved a lot and only a cat owner would have made the, wrong, connection.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #14

One of my friends swore that her late cat came back once; she felt it jump on the bed on the usual place; when she turned on the bedroom lamp no one was there....and she was in her own house and bed! She always said he'd come to say goodbye.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
20-02-2009, 11:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
I had a really odd dream staying in an hotel once. A cat jumped on my bed- which as you can imagine happens a lot at home - but I wasn't at home! After lying awake for a bit convinced that I was being haunted by the hotel cat I realised that whenever a particular door shut downstairs one corner of the bed 'dipped' which to me felt like a cat jumping onto the bed......
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
One of my friends swore that her late cat came back once; she felt it jump on the bed on the usual place; when she turned on the bedroom lamp no one was there....and she was in her own house and bed! She always said he'd come to say goodbye.
I would swear blue that when I lost my Nipper she jumped on my bed and started walking all over me as they do and this happened on more than one occasion and there was never any cats in the room as my dad didn't like them in the bedrooms and I was staying at his at the time I lost her. I even looked about the room for a cat, that is how certain I was there was a cat on bed but all cats were asleep downstairs in the 'cat room' behind 2 closed doors, there was noway.

Smudgely mine love cotton buds for some reason and raid the bathroom bin for them since Tucker learned to open the bloomin' door.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #16

I am sure there are ghost cats around this house. The lady who lived here before us bred Persians. The man said that over the years they had had several deaths and that all the cats are buried under the laurel hedge in the front garden. He asked whether we wanted him to move them!!! Of course we said no - please don't disturb them. But over the years the times I have caught movements out of the corner of my eye etc. It has never worried me because Merlin and Smudge pay no attention.

I did see a ghost cat too when visiting a house in Margate. I had been in the front room which was large and had a big bay window and I started talking to the cat that I saw sitting on the windowsill. The lady who owned the house heard me and came in and told me there was no cat there - and there wasn't. She had also seen it and so had her daughter.

Are ghostly sightings just waking dreams?

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #17

Who knows, Angie? "There are more things in heaven and earth" .......

I swear I saw Su-ling once in the evening walking thru the hall toward the kitchen...blinked incredulously and he was gone.....?????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
21-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #18

I think there is more going on in the world than the human brain or body can even begin to comprehend, it's like trying to teach a goldfish Shakespeare, there is just noway we could even begin to understand, hence why no-one can prove where we even came from and that in itself will boggle the mind of any. Because you can't have just nothing can you? There has to be something, atoms or molecules or whatever....but who made those? And even if somehow you could get complete nothingness, how the hell did the first 'something' arrive in that nothingness? Who made it? How did it get there? How did it arise from total nothingness?

See, human brain too crappy to understand!

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #19

I'm afraid that I am a total non believer in actual ghosts. I worked as an archaeologist for some years and have excavated so many skeletons I'm sure I would have been haunted by now. I do think that sometimes our memories are so strong that we re-run scenes that we would love to see again without realising it.

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
I'm afraid that I am a total non believer in actual ghosts. I worked as an archaeologist for some years and have excavated so many skeletons I'm sure I would have been haunted by now. I do think that sometimes our memories are so strong that we re-run scenes that we would love to see again without realising it.
Oh wow, fascinating; that's a big interest of mine! I take Archaeology magazine. Where did you dig?