Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 15 in total
15-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #1

Myotonine

hi all imnew to this site but im trying to find where i can get myotonine bethanecol 10mg formy cat the vets have tried everywhere we have please hope anyone can help otherwise its not looking good for the cat

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
15-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #2

Re: Myotonine

Sorry can't help. Hope you find a supplier soon. Is there no other like medication the vet can use?

15-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #3

no the vet said there is no alternative, its not looking good at all,i cannot think of anythink else at all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #4

Hi gail - you may have already tried this laboratory - I did see something on another site where it said that the product was discontinued, but that might just have been that specific package.

Good Luck.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
15-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #5

Done a quick search and myotonine seems to be a trade name?

If you search for just bethanecol 10mg a few different sites come up. Particularly Duvoid. I have no idea if it would be an acceptable alternative for your vet to consider.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #6

Hi, Gail; found this site. You or your vet might want to give it a look. Good luck!

http://apcalis-apin.com/en-prices-Myotonine.php

15-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #7

hi all thank you so much i will be trying all these sites as soons as they open tomorrow with the phone numbers xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby female
James is Male
17-02-2010, 01:54 AM   #8

Hi Gail,

I am sure you will find what you need at the URLs provided, but what puzzles me is why your vet doesn't have this information? The pharmaceutical companies tend to go overboard with information and updates on their products rather than leave medics/vets or people like yourself to chase up the news of where a drug has been discontinued or replaced with an alternative. Bethanechol (commercial name Myotonine) is also available for humans. I am assuming that your cat is suffering from urine retention problems - if so has the vet suggested that he/she drain off the urine (i.e catheterisation)?

Glenwood Laboratories in Kent (01634 830 535) should be able to update you on availability). I am a human medic. not a vet but the principle action of the drug is the same. For cats, the typical dosage is probably 2.5 to 5 mg per cat two to three times per day. Make sure that you do tell the vet if our cat is on any other type of medication (although an experienced vet will probably ask you).

17-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #9

thanks for your reply james, weve tried every where its a problem with the suppliers and there is no alternative treatment, im afraid we are going to have to have the cat put to sleep on friday 21st february, we need a miracle now, we will miss her so much, thank you everyone for trying to help it is much appreciated xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #10

Oh Gail, so very sorry to hear this ......