Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #21

Re: iPhone

I have an LG Viewty, its has all the facitities to surf the net, emails etc....but up till now have not tried that bit!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-10-2008, 05:01 PM   #22

Haha, i've always avoided that function on my mobiles too as it is confusing and can be costly. But the iPhone has it so well integrated, which is part of the reason I'm getting it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron
NOW THE IMPORTANT QUESTION YOLA IS.....

are you addicted to brickbreaker
Nope I tried it once but was so totally hopeless that I haven't bothered again.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
23-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #24

Just thought I would say if any of you, i know Meeps you do use FB feel free to add me

email is natalie_7463@hotmail.com

Natalie Morris

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
23-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #25

I did look into an iphone, but decided that it wasn't worth it for me as I just wouldn't use it to its full advantage. However, if it's whatt you want - go for it! Only downside I know of is that you can't send or receive picture messages.

DM, I know where you're coming from, but I love having my mobile now, makes me feel more secure, especially when I was working nights. My OH used to text me about an hour before my shift finished, saying "not long to go" I really looked forward to that! I also feel happier driving knowing I have my phone and it is the only way I can keep in touch with my daughter now that she is at uni. We text each other every day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #26

I think it's a generational thing to a degree. Most of my friends don't have a cell phone; those that do are younger than I am. (I actually have friends who don't have a computer!!! ). But it's a fact of life for younger people and you really need to have one to be in touch with everything 24/7. So get the best one you can afford, which sounds like the iPhone for you, Meep.

I've had one for years; had a regular one that I didn't use for anything but calling; features were way too complicated. So, then Samsung came out with the Jitterbug, which is a simple phone that's just a phone, I switched. I only use it for convenience...making calls outside when I don't feel like coming in to use the land line, or when I'm on the computer (dial-up). I never give the number to anyone, as I keep it off except when I want to call. It's comforting to have it upstairs at night if I should be ill or hear someone trying to break in. And do carry it with me when I'm out shopping, etc,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
23-10-2008, 10:03 PM   #27

Friends husband has one and loves it. He uses it constantly.

I am also a pay as you go, don't use it unless you have to person.

I do have a blackberry supplied by work as I'm out and about a bit. Had the curve but hated it for calls so now I have the pearl.

I think if it meets what you want and ticks all the boxes then go for it.

(I'm going to the apple store on Monday, thinking about replacing my nano)