Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
25-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #1

Daily thread -- Sat

Hi all,

have a good weekend. I was hoping to go to the cat show today - but have decided not to as I need to organise things for my daughters birthday party tomorrow. (birthday was on Mon but couldn't do party last weekend)
I have a few people coming to see cats etc. and some new ones coming in - I will update all about them & post some pics.
Other than that it's house work, shopping & cleaning out the chickens / rabbits / cat pens.
I like to pressure wash the cat pens every sat & change all the bedding, but Harry hates the noise of the pressure washer, & he gets a bit stressed afterwards - so as he is being looked at later - I thought I would leave it for now as I don't want him moody when the lady comes to look at him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread -- Sat

Morning Smudgley, morning all. I was hoping to go to the cat show too but am really not very well. Feel very fluey, really bad sinus pain, painful chest and aching all over

Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
25-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #3

morning everyone. Its sunny here but still cold.. I keep sneezing, coz im tired! (does anyone get blocked up n eyes water n sneeze, if they are tired? or is it just me!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
25-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #4

Morning all, Sunny and Windy here in Bristol.

Violet is out playing, I posted a quick piccie and managed to get it online all by myself . Think shes making the most of it because Monday-Friday I work and shes not always able to go out and play until I get home.

Taking Daughter to her Athletics Club this morning, rather her than me - LOL , then not sure what else today will bring, Son has his mate coming over to talk computers .

Enjoy your Saturday all xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #5

Oh, it's so cold People are walking round all hunched up and with their faces pinched. Horrid!
Have been to town and went to the CPL bazaar (bizarre? ). Bought a jigsaw for my mum and put a fiver in the collection tin. Spoke to someone who came up and nabbed me as I looked at the pics of cats looking for new homes and assured him that I was 'on their list'. He agrees with everyone else - too early for the bulk of kittens.
Bumped into my across-the-road neighbour who is very excited - has got last minute booking for the Caribbean in 2 weeks. Lucky her.......I'm not jealous, really I'm not!
Lazy day (again!) I think. Oh and Dinah have gone off to the river/meadows for a hurtle; he's got rugby this aftie; I'll probably watch some of the afternoon 6 nations and then it's pizza (home made) and beer whilst we watch the Calcutta Cup this evening. The one match a year where my kids can't lose, as they have a foot in each camp
Fran - look after yourself. I'm always amazed how people can be really ill and yet feel 'OK' but get a flippin' cold, addin sinusitis or earache or whatever and you feel just like the walking dead Ugh

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #6

Hi everybody,

Nice and sunny here but very very windy. I am just doing some housework then I am getting ready for a friends hen night, which should be good fun

See you all tomorrow, have a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #7

afternoon all.
I spent the morning (from 4.30am when i woke up) tidying THE WHOLE house up, every cupboard ahs been emptied washed and tideid, floors mopped or hoovered, rabbits cleaned out (got five new babies BTW) kids toys sorted, they ahve them in those blue plastic boxes u can stack, but they never put the rifght stuff back in the right box) done under my bed, the loft even!!! windows!!! shed!

and i even tried to be a good mommy, and made a nice big whicker basket up for princess F, it's about half the length of a bed, put some thin cushion and blanket in, thought she MAY like it for her kittens IF she turns out to be pregnant.

now am spending the afternoon chillin with a cuppa and beating my sons butt on the x-box. ( to be honest he beats me everytime)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #8

Its coldish here but not to bad. I am off to do a little shopping - tomorrow dinner mostly. The girls have been for a nice run, Cleo has been in the garden but gone back to her chair next to the radiator and have phoned the vets about the kittens found on the golf course (thread also updated)
Spoke to John two doors down remember his Mom died a and was cremated about 5 weeks ago and his sister flew back she's in the red cross - well sadly his Dad died on Wed morning - so just speaking to him seems sad as he said just before Christmas - when his Mom went in hospital they are all okay now not 3 months later he is in the house with just the dog He is totally sad. Never sure what to say though are you?

Smudgley Good luck with Harry's visit I hope they "like" each other.

Speak to you soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #9

Karen - that's so sad such a double bereavement. I hope your neighbour's OK in time. Everyone seems busy today . . .

I've had my nails done this a.m., all 3 of us had a pizza express lunch so Domi is now napping, hubby has gone to get the raw materials for tomorrow's roast dinner and I'm catching up here. Mind you, I did fall asleep briefly in the armchair in Domi's room before the phone rudely woke me up.

Feel really dopey and lacking in energy and intertia - it's so cold out I really can't face some much-needed gardening. Still - there is always next weekend when it might be warmer Ther remains of a heap of ironing is beckoning as is the rest of the board so TTFN mi dears