Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #1

what is the difference?

Between Siamese and Oriental cats? Someone near us has an Oriental lilac male kitten for sale also an Oriental chocolate tortie kitten for sale.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
20-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #2

Re: what is the difference?

I'm probably wrong but i think its Siamese are only allowed by the rules of (i cant remember the abbriviation) to be have points of colour, whereas the orientals are usually solid colours, but i do know bi-colours are begining to be bred here in England.........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-11-2005, 08:04 PM   #3

Ah ok thank you Luke, so as I understand it then, Siamese are pointed and Orientals are solid coloured? But basically the same breed/personality etc...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
20-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #4

i believe so Fran, we had a siamese once upon a time she was very sweet, and my grandmother has allways had at least 4 siamese and orientals for good measure, they have allways been very similar, but her orientals never seemed as highly strung as her siamese and they werent as vocal, i use the term as loosely as they will still noisey ******s