Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
20-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #1

Need ideas

Hi all, Has anyone got any ideas of what I can do to try & raise some money or even get people donating toys or food for the cat rescue charity I'm involved with.
I know I help them by fostering the cats and kittens, but at Christmas time I would like to feel I was being pro active in helping out the charity. But am a bit stuck what to do.
Got any ideas? Kazz - your good at thinking of ideas? It could be something I could do at work. Or on here or ??? We have fundraising people working hard to raise funds, but I'd like to do my bit.
I have given a donation already for the beautiful picture that Emma did for me of Mitten.
I have a young girl saving all her pennies for a donation when her mom will be adopting a cat in the spring & have said I will match whatever she saves, but thought as it's Christmas I'd like to get other people donating too. I know Christmas is an expensive time, but if I could get lots of people involved it would be good.

HELP.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
20-11-2005, 10:53 AM   #2

Re: Need ideas

How about asking a supermarket to put up a poster for you. When people are buying food for there pets get them to drop a tin in for the CP. Put a couple of boxes at the check outs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #3

If you're willing to risk a bit of capital to begin with and do a little bit of in-your-face near begging, this worked well for me.
Buy cheapish champage, put some wraping ribbon round the neck, maybe a bow to make it look 'exciting', go to your local hostelries and (after getting permission from the manager) raffle the bottles at £1 a ticket. You only need get 15 - 20 people buying to turn a healthy profit - don't be mean and try to get £50 on one bottle - if you have willing purchasers do two raffles in the one pub.
You'll need to get organised beforehand with tickets etc - make the whole thing 'quick and dirty', so it's like a fun addition to peoples' night out, not a boring charity thing.
If you can crash a big and happening party people often just throw a fiver at you for five goes - easy-peasy!
You can make up to £10 a bottle - do it half a dozen times (and get your 5% discount on the champers to start with) and you'll get 50 - 60 quid. Just polish your brass neck before you go out!

Good luck!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
20-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #4

put up a wanted on the freecycle site,your have ppl donating toys ect to your worthy cause,its in yahoo groups,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-11-2005, 03:57 PM   #5

Get the local radio/newspaper involved. Some already do children's appeals etc at Christmas, but if they don't it might be worth seeing if you can generate some interest/backing that way . . . the message will be spread far and wide too!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
20-11-2005, 09:03 PM   #6

I've pm'd you