Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-01-2014, 10:04 AM   #1

Happy New Years day

Morning everyone. Happy new year from me and my wee family. Hope you all had a lovely night bringing in the bells.

We are off to my parents for dinner. First of all though OH, my dad, barney and I are all off upto Glencoe for a drive. Its a tradition my dad and I have done for years.

Have a lovely day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-01-2014, 12:31 PM   #2

Re: Happy New Years day

Good Morning and "Happy New Year and may you live as long as you wish to and wish to as long as you live"

Its been a really good night here and around us there was WW3 in fireworks set off although Bella had a slight scare at about 9.30 when I was out delivering niece to Town the good thing she got off the sofa and went straight up to the bedroom and apparently sighed when under the dressing table. So she remembered and felt safe. I got back and she slept through till couple minutes to midnight when they started and even asked to go out for a wee about 2.30ish and then we both went to sleep well by the time I got back in the back door and locked up she was upstairs and snoring on my bed so pushed her over and climbed in myself. So the New Years Eve is better in my opinion than bonfire night contained organised and sort of timed. Whereas the random pattern of bonfire night is unplannable for.

That was with no tablets no thunder shirt just louder than average (for me) TV and music playing on the laptop. Its the safe place she needed.

So now I know how she copes herself I think I will be calmer myself and so therefore hopeful will she. And she will know and trust me more by next year as we have only had her 6 months now.

It is pouring down here and no real plans for today apart from walking Bella and may even put her in her raincoat
its that heavy.
May have a look at sorting through curtains and quilts etc see what we have got where.

Got pork chop for dinner, with roast potatoes parsnips etc etc.

Catsey Veteran

01-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
Morning everyone. Happy new year from me and my wee family. Hope you all had a lovely night bringing in the bells.

We are off to my parents for dinner. First of all though OH, my dad, barney and I are all off upto Glencoe for a drive. Its a tradition my dad and I have done for years.

Have a lovely day everyone
Pamela that sounds brilliant and Happy New Year to your family too. I like your tradition. Is it raining heavy up your way?

How is Barney doing these day no more hiccups?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #4

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Afternoon Pamela, Kazz and those who pop in later. It's a really atrocious day weather-wise here, gloomy, raining cats and dogs and very windy.

Good to hear that you are growing more confident and that Bella has found her coping strategy, that's really good news Kazz. After all our preparation there were NO FIREWORKS around here, well it was raining heavily after thunder and lightning which did spook Monty a bit. I totally agree that it is easier to cope with that the unexpected fireworks around GF.

Hope everyone has a good day - we are not going anywhere. OH has taken the dogs for a run in the woods this morning. Both dogs are exhausted and fast asleep.

We have stuffed pork tenderloin with sprouts, carrots, pots and parsnips later on. It's a Hairy Biker recipe that OH has amended slightly.

Have a good day everyone. May Gaia bestow her blessings upon everyone in 2014 and keep us and our FFs safe and healthy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
01-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #5

Happy new year everyone A quiet night for hubby and I, just Hayley at home as Raechel was off partying with her boyfriend. Apart from playing taxi to my aunt and uncle just after midnight we just sat and watched tv Was pretty glad to see the back of 2013 tbh, the year from hell for our family.

Glencoe is lovely Pamela, hope you enjoyed your drive out there and best wishes to the rest of you x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #6

Happy New Year my Catsey friends xxx

We had a quiet night after all, watched the big fireworks from London on the telly after a bit of a Gary Barlow singsong. Pearla joined us on the bed, Pandora preferred to sit by the window and watch the rain come down.

Glad to hear that Bella and Monty were relatively calm this time and yes, I agree the precautions were valuable and the controlled amount of bangs do help. We had very little noise here due to the inclement weather, but my two are fairly unfazed by them.

Been to mum and dad's for a late lunch of ham and chips and pickles. Now back home and Ceri's watching rugby, I'm in my new dressing gown and nordic bootees, catching up with you all.

Stay warm, safe and watch Sherlock!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #7

Hello all, I'm glad to hear that Bella and Monty weren't too scared by fireworks. Hope you had a good drive Pamela.
It is wet and windy again today. I've been having a sorting out few days as I hope to set myself up as a freelancer later this year so I've been sorting out the spare room to use as an office and learning how to use WordPress to design a simple website. It is slow but I'm getting there!

OH is going to try a Nigel Slater later beetroot with sausage (veggie for me) and rosemary- yum!

Will definitely be watching Sherlock later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #8

Happy new year to you all.
We spent à few hours in the pub,then came home for a mini buffet.
Never stopped raining today so apart from à few necessary dog walks its been à cosy reading and tv day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Pamela that sounds brilliant and Happy New Year to your family too. I like your tradition. Is it raining heavy up your way?

How is Barney doing these day no more hiccups?
Hi Kazz, It wasnt raining until we started heading home from Glencoe.

So far, no more hiccups with Barney. We have taken him to my folks christmas day and today and e has been fantastic. Just taking it a day at a time with him

Catsey Veteran

01-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
Hi Kazz, It wasnt raining until we started heading home from Glencoe.

So far, no more hiccups with Barney. We have taken him to my folks christmas day and today and e has been fantastic. Just taking it a day at a time with him
That's great then isn't it. So something or some scenario clicks something in his head. Maybe you will never know - glad you had a good day.