Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #1

Miserable Monday

Wet, wild and windy morning folks!

It's been a theme this Christmas-tide, hasn't it? Thankfully we haven't been much affected by it but my aunt in Christchurch, Bournemouth was flooded on Christmas Eve. She lives in a park home near the river Stour and the waters ruined the park, the outhouses and the storage areas under the home, but didn't enter the mobile unit itself.

I have a very sore throat this morning, taken my honey and lemon mix and hope I can ward off any cold symptoms. No Strepsils in the house so may have to venture out later when all this rain calms down.

P&P are very put out that they can't go out yet this morning, did I tell you that my cat flap is a huge failure, they treat it like a window on the world but have no idea how to use it

Have a safe warm and dry one everybody, see you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #2

Re: Miserable Monday

Morning all.

Not a bad morning wet and windy but no where near what other have had/got so can't complain. But pleased I got the roof tile sorted before Dec.

I am gearing myself up for tomorrow night with Bella. Hope the weather here is good tomorrow night so they all get it over and done with. To be honest no idea how loud the fireworks are here on New Year because never needed to bother before as Sal liked to watch them. Mind you I like them too. But I will be home tomorrow to keep Bella company.

No real plan here for today but to take the decorations/tree down would like to paint the hall before returning to work so onward and upward.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Wet, wild and windy morning folks!

It's been a theme this Christmas-tide, hasn't it? Thankfully we haven't been much affected by it but my aunt in Christchurch, Bournemouth was flooded on Christmas Eve. She lives in a park home near the river Stour and the waters ruined the park, the outhouses and the storage areas under the home, but didn't enter the mobile unit itself.

I have a very sore throat this morning, taken my honey and lemon mix and hope I can ward off any cold symptoms. No Strepsils in the house so may have to venture out later when all this rain calms down.

P&P are very put out that they can't go out yet this morning, did I tell you that my cat flap is a huge failure, they treat it like a window on the world but have no idea how to use it

Have a safe warm and dry one everybody, see you later x
Opps never saw your thread good job I looked again before posting.

Sorry to hear about your throat it seems that it is "common" at the moment. Hope the strepsils work.

And how terrible for your Aunt it seems to be common as well hope the coming weather does not make a bad situation worse for her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #4

Morning all! Very wet and windy here, not going to get light today I fear. We have been extremely lucky here, our next door neighbour had water up to her front door, but it didn't go indoors and another neighbour did have flooding. All rather odd because we are on a slope but do have underground springs dotted about. Sorry to hear about your aunt, PP but at least the water did not get indoors.

I have just found a good home for two chairs that came from my parents' home, one an "heirloom" but was in such a poor condition that it would have been impossible to sell. They have gone to a local lady who is doing an upholstery course and they were perfect for her to learn new techniques. She has promised to let me have photos but has warned that it may take time, which I am happy with. My mum loved the little slipper chair which came from her aunt and I can't think of a better home than for someone who will learn through it's restoration. I hope that my gt aunt Ethel would approve.

Dogs are being very noisy this morning even though they've been out and got thoroughly wet with OH.

Keep safe folks, have a good "day before New Year's Eve"!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #5

Well, I was wrong about the weather, it's cleared through and although still windy, we have blue sky!

Monty is having a bit of constipation-type problems so he's going to the vet this afternoon. Please send healing vibes to my poor boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #6

Oh Monty, hope your tumtum is better soon little man. My Ceri offers you his complete sympathy, he's had the same problem all over Christmas.

The weather cleared here too Angie, we managed a brief walk to my brother's house and back before the rain set in again. We wished them an early Happy New Year as they are seeing 2014 in in North Wales with my SIL's brother.
No plans for anything exciting for the night here, no party or even people here, just us two so may have an early night.