Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #1

Thursday daily

Morning all

Work last night and shattered............been out with Bella and she is now curled back up on the sofa.

Right hope everyone survived the weather which was quite harsh here last night rain bouncing back up.

Is everyone done shopping the Christmas now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #2

Re: Thursday daily

Morning Kazz, yes it was wild and woolly out last night and we were ........... out in it! Had our dog training Christmas party. OH felt better for it luckily but is crook again this morning. Dogs behaved better than expected, especially Monty who made friends with two children and behaved perfectly with them, OH taught them "High 5" with Monty. They have a huge Visla/Lab cross puppy called Yogi who is hard to handle.

Just having a cuppa and wondering if I should wait for OH to emerge or take the dogs over the field myself ..... hmmm, never tried taking both dogs at the same time myself. Will let you know what happens!

Have a good day folks. Keep warm (it's got quite chilly here) and well. Catsey cat cuddles for our FFs today from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #3

Morning Angie and Kazz.

Hope you manage to get some sleep Kazz.
Angie, I do hope OH is feeling better soon. Good luck if you take both dogs out and well done Monty for being a good boy.

It was wild during the night here too. The bins were emptied yesterday and the lazy folk left their empty bins out in the street so they were being blown down outside my window last night so another very restless night for me! Got a home check to do after work then its home to relax with OH and the furries.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #4

Morning Pamela!

Just got back from taking both dogs out together for the first time! It's a nice day here now, sunny, a bit chilly but very wet underfoot. Just took them over the nearby field and they had a good run and play together. Met a neighbour with her very well behaved dog. I had a bit of a heartstopping moment when Monty and Dora raced off over the field towards the copse and I lost sight of them, few anxious moments of wondering if they took off whether they would ever come back to me but ..... BACK THEY CAME! They were both good dogs and we are all now safely home and I'm having another cuppa. Dogs have had biscuits and OH is fast asleep, being nursed by Kizzy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #5

We had a a blowy and rainy night but no flooding around here, thank goodness. The lights flickered a few times but didn't go off.

This morning I went to the supermarket and bought the beer and wine- now it's hidden so Ceri can't get at it until next week

I'm curled up on the sofa with my mac and Pearla is warming my feet, there are hailstones outside and I'm tucking into bacon sarnies, can life be better?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #6

Afternoon, a run into town with the boys to get a last few bits and pieces; it was all still very polite and not too much rushing and shoving, but I bet that'll change by Saturday.

Everything now ordered or bought; have the fish kettle + salmon to pick up on Monday. Only outstanding pressies are those for OH. He's always the most expensive AND the most difficult to buy for so I'm still scratching my head over what to get.

Getting quite excited now as Christmas is just round the corner

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
Morning Angie and Kazz.

Hope you manage to get some sleep Kazz.
Angie, I do hope OH is feeling better soon. Good luck if you take both dogs out and well done Monty for being a good boy.

It was wild during the night here too. The bins were emptied yesterday and the lazy folk left their empty bins out in the street so they were being blown down outside my window last night so another very restless night for me! Got a home check to do after work then its home to relax with OH and the furries.
That's inconsiderate no idea why people do that. It irritates me. Nothing worse than disrupted sleep.

Have a relaxing evening.

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning Pamela!

Just got back from taking both dogs out together for the first time! It's a nice day here now, sunny, a bit chilly but very wet underfoot. Just took them over the nearby field and they had a good run and play together. Met a neighbour with her very well behaved dog. I had a bit of a heartstopping moment when Monty and Dora raced off over the field towards the copse and I lost sight of them, few anxious moments of wondering if they took off whether they would ever come back to me but ..... BACK THEY CAME! They were both good dogs and we are all now safely home and I'm having another cuppa. Dogs have had biscuits and OH is fast asleep, being nursed by Kizzy.
So it will be a regular event now then taking the dogs out yourself something you maybe should do.....

Aww Nurse Kizzy for the day.

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
We had a a blowy and rainy night but no flooding around here, thank goodness. The lights flickered a few times but didn't go off.

This morning I went to the supermarket and bought the beer and wine- now it's hidden so Ceri can't get at it until next week

I'm curled up on the sofa with my mac and Pearla is warming my feet, there are hailstones outside and I'm tucking into bacon sarnies, can life be better?
Now THAT sounds like a fantastic way to spend a blowy day.

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Afternoon, a run into town with the boys to get a last few bits and pieces; it was all still very polite and not too much rushing and shoving, but I bet that'll change by Saturday.

Everything now ordered or bought; have the fish kettle + salmon to pick up on Monday. Only outstanding pressies are those for OH. He's always the most expensive AND the most difficult to buy for so I'm still scratching my head over what to get.

Getting quite excited now as Christmas is just round the corner
Morning Yola
And yes I think Saturday will be "fisticuffs" day too.
Did you not get a fish kettle last year or am I imagining it
or have you spoken about it before - not that I remember everything but a fish kettle is an interesting purchase in my
mind.