Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
29-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #1

More info on the stray...

Still feeding beautiful, mysterious black cat.
Think I've got some dirt now, though.
When my OH came home from the hospital, she ran up and greeted him. He told me he thinks it belongs to this guy Brian who kind of lives next door.
This is the thing with my neighbors.
Kelly is the female I told you about that I thought the kitty belonged to that works as a vet tech at the veterinarian down the street.
This guy Brian is her abusive boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, boyfriend again
He's been in jail the last few months and there was a restraining order. We thought we were rid of him for good and said good riddance. This dates back to awhile ago but you regulars might remember the incident about a drunken neighbor threatening to shoot my dogs? Yep, this is the same guy.
Well, last weekend guess who is out of jail and she took him back. That is all fine and their business but who is taking care of this cat?
OH tells me Kelly brings home strays from the vet that are left there and sets em loose and leaves food on the porch for them. That's the extent of what she does for the cats.
Oh, and get this. When Brian went to jail, she got rid of his dogs because she didn't want anything of his around anymore. Well, if it's his cat..is she not feeding it anymore?
Oh..and Brian. He has already stumbled over here high on drugs again. So I really think he could care less.
I have not seen "Kitty" hang around their porch again. She seems to have decided our front yard is her new home and that is just fine with me. Poor dear can stay as long as she likes as far as I'm concerned.
I'm a little low on cash at the moment so she's been getting tuna (something I do have a lot of, LOL! they were on sale for 69 cents a can).
It was sweltering today and I left a bowl of ice water for her as well. I wish I could bring her inside and get her out of the heat but she seems content and gets a little iffy when I invite her in. She is however making use of the shade under our trailer and I made a shelter out of an old garbage can and blankets when it was raining in case she wanted to cuddle up.
So...
I think I "kind of" have a cat

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
29-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #2

Re: More info on the stray...

well done Tink . in the winter it will probably move indoors out of the cold...
Tuna only 69 cents.!!!!!!!!..tins of Tuna at my local Asda/Walmart £1.48..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #3

Re: More info on the stray...

You have another cat, Tink! Poor thing, what a life; at least she's being fed and loved now. Talk about the neighbor from hell! I hope he'll be back in jail soon; what is with these women who tolerate abuse? More fool her, hope she doesn't show up as a statistic in the crime reports .......