Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #11

Re: Pieris (Forest Flame)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Fran do you feed yours? they are quick to turn around if you look after them.

Karen
I only have the one Kazz. No, I have never fed it It is planted in the soil now but for a few years I kept it in a container. It has done better since being in the ground but is not the best specimen in the world Will try and remember to take a piccie of it tomorrow...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-04-2006, 09:39 PM   #12

Thanks Kazz! I have one in a pot too and it is absolutely covered in 'blossom' this year.....looks as though it has been out in a snowstorm!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Thanks Kazz! I have one in a pot too and it is absolutely covered in 'blossom' this year.....looks as though it has been out in a snowstorm!!
So that hasn't turned over yet either Mags I was begining to get a little concerned then but I'll rest easy now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #14

It's a lovely plant and grows prety easily. The huge one I brought with me here has suffered from being planted on a poor, chalky, bank (Poor thing, they like ericaceous!) but is hanging on in there!
I've just bought another baby in a litre pot, and that will go in the ericaceous planter, with the azaleas.
Has anyone mentioned that the new (red) leaves are very frost sensitive? Good to have a bit of fleece ready to throw over the plant on cold spring nights. It's such a shame to lose that early colour.