Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #1

Friday's thread

Dominik has gone to legoland with my brother . . . I'm at my Mum's with Sebi who is racing around her garden and drinking from all her water fountains and bird baths LOL!!! It's overcast but very warm and humid here. Mum has foxes at the bottom of the garden so I'm hoping some of the little ones will stick their heads out and say hello . . . she caught one in the kitchen yesterday eating the cat's food and drinking out of the water bowl!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #2

Re: Friday's thread

Afternoon Yola, hello everyone!

That would have been an amazing sight Yola, wish I'd seen that!

Another grey, sticky day here today - I've been to our local town to do a bit of banking and shopping and OH has just gone to take his mum to the hospital for her yearly retinal scan (diabetic). She has been accused of not turning up for her appointment last December - but OH did take her, got her there, they put the drops in her eyes to dilate the pupils and then sent her home because the machine wasn't working. Of course, no proof that she went, but even she seems to "remember" the occasion. Hope they don't have a go at her today - she gets upset so easily. They don't let her son go in with her.

I've just had my first cup of green tea. Not disgusting, but really doesn't taste of much - any hints from green tea drinkers appreciated!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
29-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #3

Hi,
I'm home, again. Trying to keep the kitten whirlwind herself occupied! Humid and grey here, it has been looking as if it's about to pour with rain for the last few hours but no such luck yet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Dominik has gone to legoland with my brother . . . I'm at my Mum's with Sebi who is racing around her garden and drinking from all her water fountains and bird baths LOL!!! It's overcast but very warm and humid here. Mum has foxes at the bottom of the garden so I'm hoping some of the little ones will stick their heads out and say hello . . . she caught one in the kitchen yesterday eating the cat's food and drinking out of the water bowl!!
Hope Domi enjoys legoland. LOL @ Sebi. Would love to see the foxes myself. My mum had foxes in her garden earlier this year.

Well is started off as a really lovely day here, I had planned to get my jobs out of the way before settling in the garden with the cats and a book. Was not to be as it is overcast and cooler now . Oh well, better just get on with the house work and shopping instead .
Have a great day every one.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #5

Afternoon everyone..

It's dull but warm here, may do a bit more clearing in the garden later.

Been to Comet and Curry's this morning looking at TV's and stands......there are so many of them ....decisions, decisions!

Cassie is beginning to stay indoors more now ...... maybe she senses autumn is coming..

Enjoy your day..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #6

Hi, all; we finally got the needed rain! Only above a half inch, but so needed; everything is looking refreshed. This will be good for the beans and onions I planted earlier. Grey. cool and drizzly now. only 20C but supposed to clear up and get back to seasonal norms for the long Labor Day weekend.

Yola:
what a lovely story about the fox kit!
Angie: I'm a green tea lover, drink it more than black. But plain, never with cream or sugar. Don't steep it too long. My favorite is Dragon Well, but Gunpowder is nice also. I find that green tea (well black also) seems to taste even better with something sweet, like a blueberry muffin or a chocolate chip cookie!!
Mags: new TV? Do you still have analog there or is everything digital now? We're switching to all digital in February; I need to buy two new ones, as installing the converter boxes for digital reception on the old sets sounds dreadfully complicated...

The wekend cometh! Enjoy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #7

Hi folks - very excited, getting kitten tonight. Weathe dry, humid and muggy. First week back at work since hols so really looking forward to weekend.

CM

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Mags: new TV? Do you still have analog there or is everything digital now? We're switching to all digital in Frbeuary; I need to buy two new ones, as installing the converter boxes for digital reception on the old sets sounds dreadfully complicated...

The wekend cometh! Enjoy!
We still have analogue here Eileen, the changeover to digital isn't until 2010 in the UK. We just thought we would change sets now rather than leave it until the last minute. Shame really as the one we have now is perfect and it will have to be recycled.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Hi folks - very excited, getting kitten tonight. Weathe dry, humid and muggy. First week back at work since hols so really looking forward to weekend.

CM
How lovely - hope he settles well - look forward to photos!