Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread ~ Thursday

What worried me well maybe concerned me more was all that was going on other countries around did not respond to the desperation of the Jewish people in Germany and around and open their doors....borders they kept the same strict rules on numbers they had....the programme last night(which confirmed it) said England opened its doors adn took in thousands before the borders closed - I was aware of this due to a good friend of mine whose grandparents came into England the same way....as Stringers....Rachels' grandfather came in as an unacompained child aged 15 with his younger brother......his parents adn older sisters were killed in the gas chambers his older brother survived and moved to Israel. Rachels grandmother came in with her parents...... even when we were at school her grandmother used to say.....the channel is what saved us....reminded me of what Jerry Springer said his Dad used to say,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #12

Re: Daily thread ~ Thursday

I intend to watch this programme on iPlayer. I am prepared with tissues. A terrible part of human history - not that I am an historian, but probably one of the worst.

On a lighter note - WOOPEEEEEEE - my car passed it's MOT much to my surprise - all it needed was a new windscreen wiper!