Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
28-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #11

Re: Different Jobs

Few suggestions

Open Uni to further or enhance your qualification and slant it to what you want.

Looka t temp/voluntary evening or weekend work in the media or publishing. BBC and STV have Glasgow bases and will take evening weekend temps

A post in Business change is varied and would enable you to use lots of skills. It certainly is not a 9-5 same old, same old type of job.

Vet hospital in Glasgow is another animal related area, not all of the work there is sick animal related.

One last bit of advice - when I was around your age I thought that it was too much of a risk to follow the dream. I remember telling friends and family that I couldn't give up various things (mainly because I had got used to a regular, good wage and not struggling to make ends meet).

I now so wish I had taken that risk while I was young, able to cope with big changes and did not have dependants etc (apart from my cat at the time). Sometimes we are too used to the comfort zone and don't grab the opportunity when it is there. Any decisions you make now will impact on your whole future.

Good luck

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Few suggestions

Open Uni to further or enhance your qualification and slant it to what you want.

Looka t temp/voluntary evening or weekend work in the media or publishing. BBC and STV have Glasgow bases and will take evening weekend temps

A post in Business change is varied and would enable you to use lots of skills. It certainly is not a 9-5 same old, same old type of job.

Vet hospital in Glasgow is another animal related area, not all of the work there is sick animal related.

One last bit of advice - when I was around your age I thought that it was too much of a risk to follow the dream. I remember telling friends and family that I couldn't give up various things (mainly because I had got used to a regular, good wage and not struggling to make ends meet).

I now so wish I had taken that risk while I was young, able to cope with big changes and did not have dependants etc (apart from my cat at the time). Sometimes we are too used to the comfort zone and don't grab the opportunity when it is there. Any decisions you make now will impact on your whole future.

Good luck

CM
Words of wisdom there, CM. I'm retired, have had and am having a comfortable life, but there are times I do think about "the road not taken" .

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic Short hair
Steph is Male
29-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #13

If the 9-5 life does not suit then (slowly slowly) think about going self employed.

If you can get some work freelance whilst still in regular employment so much the better.

Self Employment has it`s rewards-you are in charge and if you are good,and I do mean good then the rewards can be great in the good times.

The down side-you have to find the work,payments can be late, no paid holiday,no pension,no job security,no health insurance.

Life is your oyster at the moment,and a little grit here and there makes the pearl.