Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
24-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #21

Re: What do you feed your cats?

Oli has wet and dry food. At the moment he is eating Whiskas biscuits and Felix roasted pouches. He has two pouches a day and always has a full bowl of biscuits and water.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
25-09-2007, 06:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylilykitty

Watch the videos if you can, they actually videoed the conditions the animals are in. But only if you want to (I will give you a Graphic warning, because the websites dont).

Just to let you know I am not a member of PETA and dont like most of what they do. This is one of the things I have learned from their site though.
Up til very recently I had no idea about this until I was buying some in a Pets at Home store and they had leaflets on the counter.

I don't like PETA and their methods but I also hate cruelty to animals. The thing that bothered me most about the leaflets tho is that the pictures used were the same as from another campaign years ago. I can't remember when or where but I had definately seen those pictures before because they left such a strong impression.

Now I'm not saying that what they claim isn't true but PETA have been known to sensationalise their literature and I now don't take them at face value.

Here is an ASPCA site about it http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...ame=about_iams

BTW I don't agree with anything being tested on animals for cosmetic or food purposes and wasn't aware Iams did. In my naievety it didn't even occur to me that pet food WOULD be tested on animals since the idea is for results in a happy, healthy animal.

For that sole reason tho I am going to switch to another brand that isn't.

I barely agree with medicines being tested too but I can at least understand it, even if I don't like it.

Just my tuppence worth anyway.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
29-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #23

All mine are fed on Royal Canin including the kittens which weaned onto it. I have never had any problems with it.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
30-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #24

Our cats have breakfast and dinner of wet food, it changes every now and then as we like to see what they enjoy - and they always have a bowl of biscuits and water available.

Cats owned: male bobtail
Engine 88 is Male
02-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #25

I feed my cat Solid Gold cat food.It is very high quality and does not contain corn,which much like humans is extremely hard to digest and also does not contain "by products".You can google the name solid gold cat food and go to the factory web site and check it out.Is it available in the UK?

Cats owned: male bobtail
Engine 88 is Male
02-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #26

I feed both wet and dry solid gold cat food

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: mix
13-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #27

I feed my cats different brands of dry food (Felidae, Sanabele bosch, britt and sometimes other like whiskas, friskies) and I give Pikica pouches twice a week and Gaia twice a month (she doesn't like it too often, she leaves it in her bowl).
Pikica is crazy about whiskas although I know it is junk food but I have to buy it for her every so often.
I tried Royal canin hairball control for Gaia because she has long hair, but she was vomiting after each time she ate it...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
14-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #28

We feed ours on either Royal Canin sensitive or Hills Sensitive dry food as Tango seems to get sick when he eats 'normal' food due to his Pancreas / Stomach / Liver conditions, the other 4 also eat this too, and they have whiskers pouches and tins too.
They used to have Felix but this seems to upset Tango's tummy so we don't give it to them anymore.
Ideally we'd have Tango on sensitive foods (for his tummy problems), Bones on a Kidney diet (he has kidney disease) , Mitz and Domino on a light food (they are a little overweight) and Rags could eat anything he wanted but feeding times would be a nightmare!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
14-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #29

OH MY GOSH I am SHOCKED to hear about Iams, I feel so sad and sick to the stomach as I have been feeding Iams to my cats - until now that is GRRRRRR

Is there anything that anyone would recommend I switch to that is close to Iams so as not to upset my cats tummies?

Thanks xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: mix
14-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #30

aren't Eukanuba and Iams from the same producer? (not sure...) ?