Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: NA, very soon though!
guycoombs is Male
20-10-2006, 01:42 PM   #1

Getting a kitten very soon, some questions

Hi all, I thought I would ask your advise on all the things that are going on in my head @ the moment.
Me and my girlfriend are hoping to get a kitten soon (within the next few weeks) and we are in the process of getting everything ready for it before we go and start actively looking for a kitten.
I have bought 2 litter trays, a large scratching post (as we don’t want our new sofa ruined) a cat bed, and some toys for it. All I need now is the stuff that goes inside the litter tray, and food for the little thing. But I was thinking of waiting till we get a kitten before we get the food and litter stuff (sorry forget what the name for the “stuff” is) as I can see what the fluff ball will be used to from the breeder. Is there anything else I should be thinking about?
Also I’m looking into getting a Bengal Kitten, not a show, or breeding one just a nice pet. Does anyone know what kind of prices these kittens go for? As I know they can be quite pricy! And are there any places I can get some nice ones from (Around the Bristol area)?
My last question, (for now) we will be leaving he kitten alone some days for around 4 hours. Will it be ok? Just I have been told sometimes its better to get 2 kittens as they can entertain themselves while alone. Is this recommended for us, as we have never had a kitten, or pet for that matter before?
Sorry about all the questions, I just like to have as much information as possible before I jump into things!

Guy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-10-2006, 01:50 PM   #2

Re: Getting a kitten very soon, some questions

Questions, questions!
Az (who runs this site) has a Bengal (Cheetah) and I think she's from here http://www.frappant.co.uk/. Send him a PM and ask?
I don't know anything about Bengals (except they are beautiful) but I know some people have said that they can be difficult/are not the easiest pets. Too close to the wild, or similar.
4 hours is fine for a kitten to be alone (imo)- they need to sleep! 2 kittens is fun (mine are 6 months now)
You are right - don't get food or litter until you know what yours is used to.

Edit: Here's Cheetah http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php...hlight=Cheetah

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #3

Hi! Just an answer to one of your questions to go on with........this Bengal breeder is in the Bristol area..... http://www.frappant.co.uk/bengals/kittens.htm
Az, our Admin, got his Bengal from there......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-10-2006, 01:58 PM   #4

Mags - we've got a little brain-link going on there!
Sorry Guy - but at least we're both saying the same!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Mags - we've got a little brain-link going on there!
Sorry Guy - but at least we're both saying the same!
I spotted a couple of pics of Cheetah on there too!