Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #1

Happy Mothering Sunday!

... to all Mums, whether your darlings have two or more legs!

Promises to be a lovely day weather-wise here, already hazy blue sky and sunshine, not as windy as yesterday.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.

Dinky, thinking about you and your fellow NZs - hope you are coping. Gentle hugs to your poor cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #2

Re: Happy Mothering Sunday!

Good morning Angie it's lovely here too. Had a special breakfast of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon to start off Mothering Sunday. Had a lovely card from Claire and chocolate and some makeup. The cats of course, didn't consider the golden rule of letting mum sleep in today. I had a very early start again, not even the clocks going forward fooled them

Hope you doing something nice today, we're going out for lunch, which is a treat for my dad as he usually does the cooking

PS. Dinky and family are in my prayers today x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #3

Morning angie and those to follow. Happy mothers day to everyone too.

Angie hope you get to enjoy the sunshine.
Also hugs to dinky.

Been out for the morning walk. It's really misty here today. Going to get ready soon and head to my mums for mothers day. It is also their 37yr anniversary tomorrow. OH Is off to see his mum and nana with his sisters to go for lunch.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #4

Morning posh. We must have posted at the same time. Sounds like you have a nice a nice morning albeit being up early

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #5

Hi pamela, yes, I write up my 'daily' then check my posts, saw that NZ had another quake last night, so edited my post for Dinky.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
30-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #6

Happy Mothering Sunday to everyone. Here we have "Mothers Day' in May.Thanks to everyone for all your kind thoughts and wishes. We are all fine- only had 4 more quakes after the first one this morning and they weren't big ones. All is well, but cats are still sneaking around,sniffing the air, still afraid as the ground is constantly moving slightly and they can feel it. Hope every Catsey mummy has a wonderful day and gets a little spoiled by their humans and their cats.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
30-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #7

Hi all, got a lovely breakfast consisting of toasted fruit scones, a doughnut and some flumps from OH on behalf of all furries. Hope you are over the worst Dinky, poor cats. Must be very scary for them and you.

Sounds like everyone is having a good day. Just rung my Mum. Her washer has broken which can be a disaster as she washes work clothes every day. Luckily there is a spare washer, (my sister in law's old one) in the barn. This has now been installed by my step dad and 2 of my brothers. The other younger brother will also be visiting with his youngest daughter later today. She is nearly 7 and never stops. Loves visiting the farm and going to see the cattle and gardening with Granddad. Washing out again and all cat food tidied up, dishes washed and trays cleaned. Marvellous. Being snudged now by Swirl. He chirrups like tuning a radio in so his other name is Hilversum. (off the old valve radio).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #8

Good afternoon to one and all

My Mom has had a lovely day I am pleased to say she has had flowers/chocolates/flowers/a plant in a basket/flowers/chocolates/lovely hand and nail cream and cards so a happy Mother.
I have had an interesting day not as planned but hey ho go with the flow eh .
I have painted my concrete Gnome Norman. Also painted the concrete SBT and the concrete rabbit I was going to get rid of them but they hold a lot of "soppiness/sentimental" value and I could not do it.
Also put Bellas' old long ragger on the old tree trunk she adored it will post a picture or two.
And have brought myself a tablet WOW I know coming into the modern age - I have brought a Asus Memo pad white with a yellow cover. Its on charge now so see how it goes.
Bella is a little jumpy still following the thunder and the unfortunate incident where a car passing us drove over a plastic bag/bottle/piece plastic and it went bang.
But she is okay now asleep on the sofa waiting for dinner I suspect.
So everything is good in Birmingham.

Saw a St Bernard today not seen any of those around since I do not know when - I imagine neither have a lot of people because a few cars slowed down to look and people were pointing.

Dinky - glad to hear you are okay.
Fecto's Mum Sounds like a Harry Potter barn where you keep something of everything. Your Swirl sounds like my old Oz he chirruped as he moved sometimes I long grass you could hear him and see the end of his tail how he caught anything was beyond me but he did - maybe confused the prey.
Pamela Happy anniversary to your parents - sounds like a nice day all round.
P.P Salmon and scrambled eggs sounds nice in theory I am not struck on salmon but may give it another go I swear your tastes change as you get older. Hope you have a nice meal out with your parents - what did you have in the end?
Angie How did you plans for the June show go? and I have to say that picture you posted of Dora is lovely.

Right any recommendations for games on a tablet? In fact any information at all would be useful. Bit of a clutz where technology is concerned but will battle through.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #9

evening all, glad you are ok Dinky.
Karen, Howard has a tablet and he spends all his time on candy crush .
Beautiful day weather wise, how nice to dry washing on the line ( small things,lol)
We took the dogs for a lovely circular walk this morning to the river, will post some pics after.
I received a bottle of baileys from one son and a beautiful handmade card from the other and his partner.
went to see my mum and dad and then back home to chill.
At the moment, sat upstairs keeping Trishka company, she will be going home tomorrow. My son and partner are travelling back from France and will arrive in preston at 4.30 tomorrow morning.
Are we quizzing tonight ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #10

I will be available for quiz playing candycrush now