Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
23-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #1

Love Sundays

Not much top do today. All dogs had first walk, all cats had treats. Barnaby and Fecto have had their milkaccino.

Take dogs out again later, OH will sort out hens, etc on allotment. May clean some windows if weather stays nice. Another load of washing in. OH to Manchester Royal 1st thing tomorrow for 6 monthly check. That means facing the rush hour traffic into Manchester, puts about 20 mins on journey. Never mind, just glad to have a car and ability to drive. Hope everybody has a great day. Angie, loved your post about Merlin, nice to remember what gifts we have been given.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #2

Re: Love Sundays

Morning FM ........ weather has been very bright this morning but clouding over now and quite chilly, stiff breeze.

Yes, 5 years now since Merlin left us, seems like much, much longer. Pawprints on the heart, our little friends.

OH has taken Dora to Rally Obedience this morning. She is in my bad books for a couple of reasons, one too distressing really to post about but the other was she scared my lovely Kizzy this morning and Kizzy hasn't yet come home. I hope and trust she will come back later. I shall be taking Monty up to agility to join OH in about half and hour; Dora will then have a rest in the car with a stuffed bone for about an hour and then she will have her agility runs. I will come home meanwhile, probably via the supermarket.

I will try the quiz again this evening .......... around 8ish folks. 3rd time lucky???

Have a good day.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
23-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #3

Good morning fecto's mum and angieh.Gosh, you are both so organised. You must be morning people. FM, I love your idea for milkaccinos. Must try them with my guys.Hope your OH gets a good report for his check up.Hope Kizzy returns home soon angieh.Naughty Dora.I have an English Mastiff who loves to chase cats too, but is never given the opportunity to do so.Hope everyone on Catsey has a great Sunday. It's Sunday evening here, and I'm off to bed Work tomorrow. I don't know where the weekend's gone.

Catsey Senior

23-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #4

Naughty Dora. Our little pup Scout thinks it's great fun to chase Swirly but Swirl chases her back! We also have 2 big lurchers that are absolutely not allowed to chase the cats, fair play, they are both very good. Dinky, I am so not a morning person. I probably sound a lot more organised than I am. Really I hate housework, would much rather sit with the cats!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #5

Kizzy is safely home. She arrived just as I was leaving with Monty, so I put him in the car and came back to see she is OK and she is.

FM, I'd love to know how you stop your lurchers chasing cats - Dora is a lurcher type sighthound mix and although she has the sweetest nature with people, she's a menace with small furry animals.

Catsey Senior

23-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #6

We've had Fagin since he was 7 weeks old. He's Deerhound x Greyouhnd, 30" at the shoulder. Gypsy was 6 months old and had lived outside all her life on a farmyard with about 8 other dogs. Never been on a lead or in a building. She had been used to chasing the yard cats. When we brought her home OH had her on a very short lead because of our cats. When she came into the living room our little black cat, Chubbiz, walked right up to her nose and looked at her as if to say, 'right, I'm in charge here, so you behave and we'll get on fine'. That was that. Of course we kept an eye on her but she's very good and ignores them mostly. Fagin was told sternly No! when he showed interest in the cats and he ignores them as well. We are careful at feeding time and at treat time and we are careful there is no jealousy. Any older dog with a high prey drive will be hard to stop chasing cats, but sometimes even ex track greyhounds can learn.