Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby
24-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #11

Re: Kittens!!

We have let them come together on their own terms. We don't want to push Beth into it really as she's quite timid but Molly is very curious and wants to know what's going on!! For the time being we have let Beth hide in the spare room so that Molly isn't hassling her :/ we don't really know what to do. We are going to get a felliway this week I think.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
24-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #12

So you have them both free around the house?

When I introduced my yearling with kitten, at first I worried so much they'd never get on, but after 4 days they were together. I know I was fortunate though as 4 days is quick.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #13

Congratulations on your new kitty, Molly.
time is probably the key element and patience.
I think you are doing the right thing by giving Beth a place to hide until she feels ready.
You just cant force these things but i'm sure folks can give you tips to help.
I have had multiple cat households and eventualy they all settled in together and developed a pecking order.

Catsey Junior

24-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #14

Yeah it's just upsetting because Beth gets quite upset from time to time and she tried to run away last night, we are just struggling on what to do for the best. Hopefully time will help and letting her do her own thing. We are beginning to believe that the RSPCA did not give us all the information and that she's been abused by a previous owner

Catsey Junior

24-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #15

http://instagram.com/p/l7bAMst3S5/

They're both beautiful though which makes it all worth while

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #16

awwww Molly is realy pretty.
I once had a cat from a shelter whose mum had been feral.
Jade was a lovely little cat but remained timid all her life.
over my life i have had multiple cat households and they have all got along ok but i wouldn't say they were particular friends with each other, cats aren't pack animals so if you can get your two to live peacefuly together that will be good.
There will no doubt be people on here whose cats appear to enjoy each others company, i felt mine tolerated each other.
Keep us updated with your progress, pictures are great

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
25-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #17

I think the thing is cats are just so individual. So much of who they are is formulated when they're kittens, which we often don't know about.
Introducing takes time and patience and different strategies that work for your individuals. And yeah as Shelley says you might only end up with cats that tolerate each other.
Jackson Galaxy has some good videos for introducing, have you checked him out?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-03-2014, 04:22 AM   #18

You need to give it time. Our older cat sulks for three weeks. sometimes it takes weeks or longer, you just need to ride with it, make sure you give the older cat attention
Theres is a theory that behind every tiny kitten there is a big angry mamma cat so you have to act hissy and annoyed to chase the kitten away so you dont have to confront the big angry momma cat. If you think along those lines it lets you understand the cats logic